Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! First off, love the forum.

Second off, I spurged (should I say, the wife did), and got her a 709. She finally decided she wanted to look at pistols and I jumped on the opprotunity to buy her a gun and get her into thinking about carrying, at least in a locked box in the car for now. She loved the 709, and I wound up finding one locally for 330 out the door, even in this craze.

Now she's looking for a specific holster, and I want to know if anyone knows a brand or model that fits this to the T:

-Black
-First choice is nylon (or similiar), followed by some type of leather or hard plastic
-OWB (I bought her a Sof-Tuck thinking she'd rather carry IWB, but that didn't work)
-Left handed
-Clip (no belt loop, must be a clip, plastic or metal)

So, that being said, I couldn't find anything but don't know anyone besides the big players (Crossbreed, DeSantis, Bulldog, etc). Anyone know of one that fits all those points (cause she doesn't want it if it's not exactly like that).

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
To my knowledge, Rermora doesn't make any with belt loop. The OWB has a detachable Velcro flap (a soft/flexible paddle style). With possible exception of your "clip", it meets all the criteria. In case you didn't see the larger picture, it is last bottom picture of left column of following link.

The New Remora OWB / IWB Holster

I've not tried their OWB holsters so cannot be exactly sure of the configuration. I would think a quick call to them would get answers to any questions you may have and/or clarification of design. I seem to recall that MilProGuy ordered one for his pistol with laser, so if he reads this may be able to shed some light on the functionality.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately the clip is probably the biggest thing.

She wears a lot of "designer" belts that are absolutely huge, and even pants/jeans that have like permanent (like: stiched) on belts, so no real way of using a loop (even if it does open/close with velcro).

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
How about a Fobus Paddle Holster; Really like Mine.

Reactions: 9mmDaddy

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
The "lefty" thing kinda kills Fobus in this size holster (PPS). That's why I recommended trying the Remora "paddle" OWB, which is not a "loop". Most holster mfg'rs. seem to think profits exceed the need catering to LH gun owners. LOL

·
Registered
783 Posts
I can't find any for the 709 in stock. The blade tech looks ideal however.
It's the blade tech with Crimson Trace :D (If you don't have the Crimson Trace your 709 will still fit like a glove and you can adjust the tension with the screw.):)

Here's the link for the holster http://www.crimsontrace.com/81-1024

and the Paddle Attachment http://www.blade-tech.com/Paddle-attachment-hardware-pr-912.html

It comes with the ASR, but since you don't want in on a belt, you'll have to order the paddle accessory (you won't be sorry!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's the blade tech with Crimson Trace :D (If you don't have the Crimson Trace your 709 will still fit like a glove and you can adjust the tension with the screw.):)

Here's the link for the holster Blade-Tech Holster for Taurus Slim PT 708 709 740 with Laser | Crimson Trace Lasergrips

and the Paddle Attachment Paddle attachment & hardware :: Hardware & Attachment Accessories :: Blade-Tech Industries

It comes with the ASR, but since you don't want in on a belt, you'll have to order the paddle accessory (you won't be sorry!)
Does it come in left hand? I havent seen any...

Are there any other holsters besides this one!?!?

·
Banned
5,820 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a little different from what you mentioned but Sneaky Pete makes a PDA holder like holster made of black leather that clips on the belt. I found it on Amazon last night. It costs about $55.00 plus shipping.He makes one specifically for the Taurus 709.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a little different from what you mentioned but Sneaky Pete makes a PDA holder like holster made of black leather that clips on the belt. I found it on Amazon last night. It costs about $55.00 plus shipping.He makes one specifically for the Taurus 709.
See above.

Looking for a legitimate OWB holster for lefties. With a clip.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have a guy that custom makes pretty much anything. Very reasonable prices. Search Henry Holsters on Facebook. Maybe he can help you out

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Oh if you decide on using him let me know. He doesn't have a 709 to mold the kydex with right now. I will take him mine to use if you end up wanting one. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.