Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,I should have my CHL in a couple weeks(with any luck)and i am looking for a small 45 like a mil pro.but because i am not made of money i want to stay around 250 to 300.acadamy has them for 299. but i dont want to pay that much if i dont have to. think i am getting my rebate check at the end of june and was told i can spend up to 300 buy the wife.i thought about a layaway but I am not sure if shops near here do it and how it works I.E. down payment and how long.and the wait sucks.......i really dont have a problem with a used one.i might take a trip to gander mountain.have any of you noticed prices of a compact 45 there or what a used one goes for?the losest G M is 60 miles from here so i will wait till i have the money.I do have a 24/7 pro 9mm blue and a ss but i want somthing smaller as i am a bug guy with little room for a big gun and want a 45 as a carry gun.what would you get if you was me.with my budget?I can go over but it would have to go layaway and i really dont want to do that.

thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
That millenium pro is a fine weapon and for $299 it makes it even finer. I saw the same price at academy and I thought it was phenomenol. I've checked local gun shops and they are $75 dollars over on used ones. What I'm saying it you could buy that gun and turn around and make about $60 to $80 dollars. As far as wanting a weapon with a lower price I know Highpoint makes some pistols for fairly reasonable prices but I must be honest with you I would not trust that weapon in a situation where it NEEDS to function and defend myself or family.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Can't beat $299 for a new PT145. With tax it's still in the ballpark of your budget. Go for it.

As for a NEW, small .45....the Mil Pro is about the best your gonna find in your price range.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gunfun1002 said:
That millenium pro is a fine weapon and for $299 it makes it even finer. I saw the same price at academy and I thought it was phenomenol. I've checked local gun shops and they are $75 dollars over on used ones. What I'm saying it you could buy that gun and turn around and make about $60 to $80 dollars. As far as wanting a weapon with a lower price I know Highpoint makes some pistols for fairly reasonable prices but I must be honest with you I would not trust that weapon in a situation where it NEEDS to function and defend myself or family.
I dont really care for hi point......and i kinda think they are ugly.i dont even think they have a compact.but thank you and thank you to everyone

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
I thought you were going somewhere else with your post at first.....I thought you might be looking for something a bit smaller than the Mil Pro, and I was going to tell you that Kahr is about the only thing that might fit that bill...but those cost about $600 so I don't think thats an option, it's not for me......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check with the shop that had them for $299.00 to see if they will do a layaway. All you have to do is ask. You are not going to get a better price, even if you found a used one on GunBroker or one of the other auction sites. Shipping and FFL transfer fees will eat ya up.

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
AMT used to make a 45 in their backup line, but I think they went under. It was about the smallest package ever for a 45acp - it held 6+1 and was pretty darn small.

I have never seen one on the open market, but if you could find one on Gunbroker.com or somewhere like that, it might be worth a look.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Awesome! You'll be very pleased!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you know i will....now what do you owners with the 145's have as a holster?I want an OWB holster.I have a IWB for both my 9mm's and the 380 but as i am a big guy i want to get a owb holster since i always wear my shirts out and long so they will cover the gun.

·
Registered
671 Posts
This classifies as OWB but I pocket my PT145 in an Uncle Mike's #4. I know you're thinking that's immpossible but I'm a big guy to, no one has ever noticed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts