Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gun show a few weeks ago and came across an OWB paddle holster by fobus and kodex or something like that, anyway it felt great and was fairly easy to conceal. My question is do they make either one or another brand paddle holster that my Taurus 24/7 .45 will fit in.

One of them said it would fit the 9mm and .40 but not the .45 ??? it also said the same holster would fit the Ruger P90 ??? ??? I am really lost on how it will fit the P90 if the 24/7 .45 is just slightly bigger then the 24/7 .4o that's suppose to fit as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Bianchi that I bought for my Sigma 9mm, but it fits the 24/7 great. Doesn't conceal as well as I would like. Not high enough and leans out from the body instead of in.

·
32,808 Posts
Fobus has the RU97 listed as the 24/7 holster as well. What may be the problem could be dimension size problems. With the Millenium Pro series of pistols the original first generation holsters won't fit. Frame dimensions changed with the newer generations of pistols. Could be the problem here to. I called Fobus about the problems when I tried holstering a PT111 MIl/pro in a regular PT111 holster. Didn't fit of course. Nor have I seen an udate to Mil/pro status at their website. Leather or Nylon holsters may be the way to go. There are a slew of newer kydex holster makers out there. Will have to lookup the sources for them though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the last gun show I attended, I bought a fobus plain-jane paddle holster for my pt-111 Pro for about $25. When I got home and tried it with my 111, the end of the slide/barrel stuck out from the bottom a bit, so I also tried my 24/7 in 9mm DAO and it fit perfectly with about 3/4" more slide out the bottom. On double-checking the card in the package, this holster also fits the Springfield XDs. I don't know about the .45s, though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
MPanova said:
Thanks for the pictures! Do they make them with out the strap?
I don't know. Not this model but they may have one in a different model that doesn't have the strap. Can I ask, just for my curiosity, whey don't you want the strap?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I practice and carry condition 3 so the faster I get it out of the holster the fater its ready to fire. I don't want to have to worry about taking off the strap and then begin my draw, rack and fire

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya Qwiks told me about the kdholster.com I am going to call them and see if any one in my are might carry them so I can try one out in person before I drop 60 + sight unscene ya know

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is your 45 a pro. I have a pro and mine won't fit in the RU-97 Fobus correctly. I also have the Bianchi accumold model above. Had it originally for my Ruger p97. It is a great holster. Consider using the strap and going condition 2. With the built in safeties in this gun It will be fine. As far as the strap, with training it is 1 tenth of a second extra. A lot less time than racking a slide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts