Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all. I'm looking for a new belt. It has to be leather, it has to be brown, and it has to be a size 36. I'd prefer basketweave but that's not a deal breaker if the better belt doesn't have it. I have a Bianchi B8 now that's 3 or 4 years old. It doesn't fit right anymore. It's too big and somewhat stretched. The belts I've narrowed it down to are as follows:

Bianchi B4 Ranger Belt - Basket Tan, Brass, Waist Size 36in, 12084 FREE S&H 12084. Bianchi Belts.

Bianchi B9 Fancy Stitched Belt - Plain Tan/Suede, Brass, Waist Size 36in, 12291 FREE S&H 12291. Bianchi Belts.

BlackHawk 1.75in Gun Belt FREE S&H 410334TBN, 410342TBN, 410336TBN, 410340TBN, 410344TBN, 410332TBN. BlackHawk Belts.

DeSantis Tan - Basketweave Belt 1 3/4" Wide B08TG36Z0 FREE S&H B08TG36Z0. DeSantis Style B08 Belts, DeSantis Belts.

DeSantis Tan - Fancy Stitch Belt 1 3/4" Wide B02TP36Z0 FREE S&H B02TP36Z0. DeSantis Style B02 Belts, DeSantis Belts.

If I didn't think things through so much I'd have already been wearing the belt. However, I try to gather as much info as possible before spending this much money on a belt. I will say, the Bianchi B9 is actually more than I intended to spend but, it is do-able.

Thanks,
Joel

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
They will all work for carrying a firearm. There are lots of options out there. Most holster makers also do belts. Then there's places like Beltman. At the end of the day, you're going to have to deide what YOU like. It will probably be different then what I would pick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading my post, I see that I wasn't exactly clear on what I meant. Between the brands mentioned, do y'all have experience or opinions on the quality of the belts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the De Santis line. Have had one for more than a year now. I also have the Don Hume leather belt from Midway USA.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've got a Bianchi. They are well made, but run small. I'd suggest ordering a size larger then you normally would.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a Bianchi. They are well made, but run small. I'd suggest ordering a size larger then you normally would.
I'm wearing a Bianchi now in size 38. I'm on the last hole and figured I'd order a size 36 this time. Would that be the wrong size to order?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I'm wearing a Bianchi now in size 38. I'm on the last hole and figured I'd order a size 36 this time. Would that be the wrong size to order?[/Q

Maybe they are different. The one and only one that I have, I ordered one size larger then my normal size, and it is small. Maybe it was mismarked? It works well for OWB, but is to small for IWB.

·
Registered
27,325 Posts
I'd just like to throw a teeny monkey wrench into your thoughts.
I am a huge fan of the Aker belts. I like the Concealed Carry belt, but they have many others if you want something fancier.

·
Registered
27,325 Posts
I'm wearing a Bianchi now in size 38. I'm on the last hole and figured I'd order a size 36 this time. Would that be the wrong size to order?
The normal recommendation for size is...
For OWB, order 2" larger than a non-carry belt.
For IWB, order 2" larger than that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi y'all. I'm looking for a new belt. It has to be leather, it has to be brown, and it has to be a size 36. I'd prefer basketweave but that's not a deal breaker if the better belt doesn't have it. I have a Bianchi B8 now that's 3 or 4 years old. It doesn't fit right anymore. It's too big and somewhat stretched. The belts I've narrowed it down to are as follows:

Thanks,
Joel
I suggest this Indestructible Belt The "Indestructible" belt has a lifetime warranty and they are making special CC holsters for this belt which release next week... I am getting one myself when I get paid and getting the holster that matches it... This belt also doesn't stretch or crease and its easy to keep clean yet its flexible, its made from products that NASA developed for the space program... Oh and if you lose weight and the belt won't fit anymore they will let you use the warranty. Also this product is AMERICAN MADE!!! I talked to the owner and he's a nice guy and a 2A Supporter and gun owner himself...

Note: for $65 with a lifetime warranty on a nice belt that can withstand 6000 PSI of stretching pull (You could tow a truck with it and it will not break) I think its an awesome deal... Also the Holsters are gonna be $39.99 in Black or Brown Double stitched leather and they have 3 different styles (No Thumb break) and (Over the hammer thumb break) and (Around the front thumb break) on that last option I think it wraps around the slide to add tension and keep the gun from falling out. Also the owner said that you should order 4" longer than the actual size you are because the extra room needed for the firearm and holster, also for weight fluctuation and they have plenty of holes to tighten it with so if you are a 36 you should get a 40, now when you call customer care they may suggest something different I dunno...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a belt that I got from thebeltman.com and have been wearing for three years and it still looks new. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have a belt that I got from thebeltman.com and have been wearing for three years and it still looks new. Well worth the money.
+1 on the Beltman - 1-1/2" double layer bullhide with internal stiffener but then I carry a full size 1911 in SS loaded with 8+1 that's right at 4 pounds so YMMV. That belt makes all the difference in the world and it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
+1 on the Beltman - 1-1/2" double layer bullhide with internal stiffener but then I carry a full size 1911 in SS loaded with 8+1 that's right at 4 pounds so YMMV. That belt makes all the difference in the world and it's worth every penny.
+2 on that I also have the 1 1/2" and without the internal stiffener and carry a 1911 compact in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. I actually have 3 of the belts as they look great for dress as well. I've had my first one now for about a decade and still looks almost new.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check out Theis holsters. I think he is either making or going to be making belts soon. He is a true craftsman and takes pride in his work. (And no he didnt pay me to say that)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate all the input y'all. Got a new belt yesterday evening. Wore it today. A world of difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
try www.duluthtradingcompany.com and search holster belt. I bought one of these and voila', the holster, intended for a leatherman, is perfect for a spare magazine. The belt with double prong clasp stays in place much better than single prong. And the price is really right.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I like Dickies with a double prong.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts