Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a concealed holster to carry my new PT 740 Slim. I like the looks of the De Santis Sof-Tuck holster, I especially like the hook on the bottom of the over-the-waistband clip that hooks under your belt to keep it from riding up. Unfortunately, their website only shows one for the PT 709 Slim. I checked the specs on the Taurus website and the only difference I can see in the dimensions is that the 740 is .24" longer. Does anyone know if the 740 will fit properly in the 709 holster? I am also open to recommendations on other holsters other might have. I plan to carry my gun in the small of my back.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
The 709 and 740 both fit same 106 DeSantis Sof-Tuck and I use them both with all my Slim holsters interchangeably IWB or OWB. You have bought a fine CCW.

MoB would recommend Old Faithful - I like theirs because no wrist twist required to draw. However, The Sof-Tuck with adjustable cant may be worn from cross draw to 6 O'Clock. I wear mine at 4:30 +/- a bit - most versatile holster I own.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/67257-new-740-slim.html#post857362

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/22249-taurus-709-slim-holster-options-42.html#post914164

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
26 Posts
Footwear Leg Shoe Jeans
Us
Here it is. This holster I bought is actually for the ruger lc9 and beretta nano but it couldn't fit better. It is the de-Santis soft tuk. I've slept with the 740 on my side so it feels really good compared to others. I've read that the de-Santis holster for the 709 has a fitting issue with the 740 until you stretch it out a little so I ordered this one and hey fits like a glove.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Agree with Wino on the SofTuck. I also notice that my 709's muzzle does not go all the way to the end of the holster, so the 740 will fit with no problem.
Hey, for $18 give or take, it makes sense to pick one up. It will NOT be your last or only holster, y'know? :cool:

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I use a Kholster when I CC. Very comfortable, and very reasonably priced. Short break in time (a few hours), hardly feels like it is there at all.
Which Kholster - Crescent or Little Moon? I have the Crescent for my MilPro's and thinking about getting Little Moon for Slims. I treated my Crescent with Mink Oil and it is very comfortable and supple.

·
Registered
199 Posts
By the time U find what is best for U, U will have many "not quite right" holsters ,, I carry my 740 in a NRA BellyBand and haven't looked back .. I think it was under $30.00.. Have fun shopping .. It's only money!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Count me as another vote for the Sof-Tuk, although mine is one of the older ones with the (much better IMHO) metal J-hook.

Or, barring that, the Galco Tuck-n-go could be a good option for perhaps a bit more. You would give up the adjustable cant with that one, but regain a low-profile metal j-hook. (I don't have one of those for the Slim, but I have had no complaints with the one I have for the Sig P238.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
SofTuk works great. Cant that little hook a bit, put it at the 4 oclock position with shirt tucked over top, and just go to church! Love mine! Also have a little belt slide OWB from the NRA store that works good if total concealment isnt an issue (I live in a very small town).

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Not recommended to carry with no holster at all. I personally would never do so.

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Lots of good suggestions...Anyone just stick it in their pocket?
Agree with Wino here... might check out the thread a couple down from here, scary warning from experience!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Amazon has a good variety. I picked up a nice leather pro carry IWB for $20. Its very comfortable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.