Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be for OWB and worn on a belt. Wondering what ya'll use and recommend. I know its a Ruger, but figure I can get as good of advice here as I can on the Ruger forum.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Most people I know that have them use, a Western style holster. Usually with a gun belt, that holds their extra rds. But I guess you could go with any other revolver holster designed to fit. They must be listed by some makers.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I like my Don Hume for my PT145

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is for my son (upcoming 21st bday). His Grandad and I went in on the revolver, but I'd like to get him a holster since he will probably carry this pistol when he goes to Colorado and on hunting trips. I'm thinking a crossdraw so he can wear it weakside on 4 wheelers and horses. I'm thinking it needs a hammer loop or some sorrt of retentions. I hadn't thought about a true western type gun belt. I will look into the cost (I think they're kinda high). Appreciate the suggestion.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I deer hunt a lot with a ruger blackhawk 6.5inch barrel and I use a HUNTER model 1100 holster and also their gun belt. It is a good quality leather holster and belt that lasts. The gun, holster and belt were purchased in 1976 by my father and given to my last November on my 21st birthday and are still in great condition. I highly recommend the holster

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the recommendations folks. I was out of town and had forgotten the post. The revolver came in and now I'm back to getting a holster for it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I deer hunt a lot with a ruger blackhawk 6.5inch barrel and I use a HUNTER model 1100 holster and also their gun belt. It is a good quality leather holster and belt that lasts. The gun, holster and belt were purchased in 1976 by my father and given to my last November on my 21st birthday and are still in great condition. I highly recommend the holster
I carried a .357 Blackhawk in the same holster and belt for years, also carried a 6" Security 6 in one. Hunter makes good gear for the price. It's been so long I forgot about them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts