Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a gun safe for my growing collection of firearms. I don't need the monster 60 gun safe but something in the 20-28 range would be good. High fire rating and duration is a must since I lost my house in a fire and nothing survived. I am looking at the Ranger 19 by Winchester which has a one hour rating and holds 24 long guns. Those of you with safes please weigh in with what you have and your likes and dislikes of them. Thank you.

http://winchestersafes.com/images/products/display/Ranger197Elec.1.png
http://winchestersafes.com/images/products/detail/Ranger197Empty.jpg

·
Banned
893 Posts
I bought a centurion 21 which was plenty big, no room now. The point I am trying to get across is get one bigger then you think you will need because YOU WILL FILL IT UP. I have 1500 rounds coming and have no room for them.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Costco has one coming up in their next sale for $200 off makeing the price $569.99 shipped to your door. Not sure how big it is, 407# with a 30 minute burn time. Oh there it is 19.1 cubic feet.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have a Sentry Safe that is supposed to handle 12 long guns on one side or 24 on both sides. I can maybe fit 10 with scopes on them. My wife took 2 shelves for her jewelry and as you can see I added 2 more shelves for my cameras and scopes. I have completely outgrown this safe and need another bigger one in addition to this one now if I continue on with my collecting. It also has a 30 minute fire proofing and I no longer think that's sufficent. Here's some pics as it grew.

then more handguns

·
Registered
855 Posts
I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that Winchester safes are actually made by Liberty.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have a Sentry 14 gun safe I bought from a guy on craigslist back in August. I paid $450 for it. I would recommend this product to anyone's safe that is starting to get over crowded. I was able to fit 9 rifles and 1 shotgun on one side to the safe. I have my silver on the shelves on the other side. here is the link. Rifle Rods - 10 Rod Starter Kit - Gun Safe Accessories

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Check out steelwatergunsafes.com I just got mine from them a week ago. I got the 16 gun safe that's rated for 45 mins. @ 1550 degrees. They have larger ones rated for 1 to 2 hours. Free shipping & lifetime warranty on fire & burglary. Also free dehumidifier & hardware to mount to floor. Watch their videos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts