Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well shes using my 9mm and I'd like it back. I was thinking about picking her up a .22 or maybe even a 9mm or a .38. Something like that. Preferablly in pink or extra girlish.(Hey its what she likes).
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
For carry, maybe look at a 2" .38 sp. Or even a KelTec 32 or 380. Don't let anyone tell you a 32 or 380 isn't any good. Get her something she's not afraid to shoot, or she'll never practice with it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bersa 380 Nice smaller gun

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
thunderjohn said:
For carry, maybe look at a 2" .38 sp. Or even a KelTec 32 or 380. Don't let anyone tell you a 32 or 380 isn't any good. Get her something she's not afraid to shoot, or she'll never practice with it.
i sure would not want to tell my my wife i want my 9mm back and here is your new gun BUT IT IS SMALLER! and besides its cheeper to shot a 9mm then anything but a 22

·
Registered
579 Posts
My buddy just bought the Bersa the other day for $249.00 new. The gun is only thiner than the compact 9 mm but would fit smaller hands extremely well. The best thing is to get something she will be comfortable with. Grips are alot different and I usually buy the gun based on the feel. I would take her to some gun shops and let her try some on !

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
muttmutt said:
Bersa 380 Nice smaller gun
+1

I concur

reasonably priced.. they go for about 200 nib in my area, well built, good reputation for reliability, makes for a good cc gun.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
+2 on the Bersa Thunder 380---I have one and love it. And the wife finds it a dream to shoot and carry also.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not really for protection. More for just range and when we are camping around. I was just thinking of picking up a cheap .22 or something along those lines. She doesnt mind the nine but she has mentioned that she wants something easier for her. So I figured I'd put the word out and see what happens.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well in that case you have a few options..

S&W 22a, nice pistol can change barrels on it quickly and it has a full length rail on top for adding red dots or scopes and what not.. i just have a 5.5 barrel on mine but they go up to like 7'in and i think smallest is 4.

Browning Buckmark, Beretta Neos, Ruger Mark.

might also like the Walther p22

if budget is the way to go you might look for a firestorm Comanche .22lr revovler.. i tried to get one when they was on sell for 100 bucks here but they sold out and have'nt seen them since..

i've looked at heritage arms rough rider .22lr (SA) 6 shot revolvers.. can also get in combo package with a .22mag cylinder.

i've heard mixed things but for 100 bucks they look like decent guns to me.. i dont like SA.. especially on revolvers but thought about buying one anyway if it was DA i'd been all over it.

·
Administrator
40,646 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
+2 on the Bersa Thunder 380---I have one and love it. And the wife finds it a dream to shoot and carry also.
How does that compare in size to the new Ruger .380 LCP? :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The
Smokewagon said:
How does that compare in size to the new Ruger .380 LCP? :)
Bersa is bigger and almost no recoil at all, unlike the KelTec or Ruger 380.
The Bersas are sweet to shoot.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if anyone is thinking of getting rid of something what I'm looking for let me know.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd suggest taking her into a nice (as in how it looks, this matter to many women) gunshop and let her handle some different weapons and see what she likes. I do recommend checking the shop yourself to see if they have a decent variety of what she might be interested in.

Steelheart

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
My wife will shoot my guns but does not want one for herself. Does this mean that I get to buy more guns for myself? Seems like a fair deal to me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
my wife hates my pt111. she says she can't stand to shoot it. she loves a sig p239 (of course it costs more).

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
What does she hate about the PT111? That's the gun I wanted to get my wife. Not in pink though. She didn't like them. That's fine with me. I think they are overpriced if you can find them at all.

·
Registered
329 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
What does she hate about the PT111? That's the gun I wanted to get my wife. Not in pink though. She didn't like them. That's fine with me. I think they are overpriced if you can find them at all.
I asked my wife to tell me exactly what it is she doesn't like about it, and here is her email:

"The gun feels "top heavy" to me. The grip feels lighter than the slide. Because of that, I think I limp-wrist it. I also didn't like the sites, but now that you have changed the sites, I like the gun better. It could be that I need more coaching on grip and I would be able to shoot the gun more effectively. I have been doing better with it lately but at first I really hated it. I don't have the same problems with a Glock or a Sig Sauer."

Hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts