Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger LCR in 38 special. Don't like the strong recoils. Want to find one in 9mm, not able to find one yet. If you happen to have one, and don' mind selling it. You are welcome to let me know.. I am in Houston. pm me will be the best way. Currently out of town.. thanks.
----
James

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I don't think Ruger makes the LCR in 9mm yet, but they do make one of their Blackhawk single actions which is convertible from .357 to 9mm with a spare cylinder (Ruger® New Model Blackhawk® Convertible Single-Action Revolver Models). They also used to make a 9mm revolver in the SP101 series (Ruger SP 101 9mm Rare NR : Revolvers at GunBroker.com), but don't make it anymore. S&W also made a 9mm revolver for a little while (Smith and Wesson Model 940 9mm Revolver : Revolvers at GunBroker.com). Perhaps you could take a look at the Taurus 905? It fires 9mm, and is a bit lighter than the other offerings that I mentioned....

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
If you think an LCR in .38 Special has too much recoil....a 9mm compact revolver will not help you in that department....if anything, it will be more brisk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would get the Ruger SP101 in 9mm. Along with the extra weight, it's one of the best 9mm pistols available. It is no softer shooting than standard pressure 38 special though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have a smth and wesson model 640 that i shoot 38's out of and a smith and wesson model 940 that uses 9mm. the guns are the same basic design and weight. the recoil on the 9 mm 940 is noticably sharper than the recoil of the 38+p's out of the model 640.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a Taurus 905. I am not to fond of the moon clips, but I guess thats what you get when you have a revolver that can't eject a rimless case.

·
32,481 Posts
I would get the Ruger SP101 in 9mm. Along with the extra weight, it's one of the best 9mm pistols available. It is no softer shooting than standard pressure 38 special though.
Those are hard to find. Just went looking for them. There is one at Gun Broker.com.

Ruger SP 101 9mm Rare NR

$650.00

The price got my attention.

This was the only one at 3 major gun online auction sites. Yike!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saw the new taurus 380 revolver at a gun store last week that may be a option for you. The price was $329. I seriously thought about it, they only had the one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 38 S&W (not 38 special) has very close dimentions. just the lenth needs to be corrected. I will be cutting down a few as a reloading project. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently picked up a Taurus 905 Stainless 9mm Revolver and found it to be a quite comfortable and good shooting little snubby. Some might not like the stellar clips, but if you use them right... roll the case into the clip and back out when it's all done. I shot a few hundred rounds through it without a hitch and the grips are comfortable as well. It's a keeper for me..... but might not be for everyone. Do a search for 905 and you will find more posts/information about them. Buds Gun Shop has a blued version listed.... I got my stainless there. Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop There is also some listed on Gunbroker.com blued and stainless. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
There was a Federal 9x19 rimmed cartridge at one time. It was like the .45AR. No market for it so it died out. Not likely to have it come back any time soon.
Qwiks here is a picture of the Federal cartridges you are referring to. They're loaded in my 905C IB... and yes they're hard to find and pricy, I paid $99.00 for 2 boxes (125 total rounds includes a partial box thrown in with the deal).

Didn't S&W also have another 9mm model? The number escapes me but I want to say 547 er 947 er something, 957?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I just found out about another 9mm revolver that you might find interesting. It is imported by Czechpoint, and it called the CSA Model 931....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts