Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A scarrrry looking big black gun!

Actually, under all that poly is a stainless Ruger 10/22. Been looking for one of those for a while. I figure I can buy a good wood stock for it and have two different guns. In this config it has a flash suppressor, an extendable buttplate, a fold up pistol grip, a (crappy, admittedly) scope and a 50 round magazine (2-25s back-to-back). I'm a pretty happy camper today!

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
THAT's a 10/22?? Boy, they've sure changed from when <I> was a kid! I paid under $80 for mine, a carbine I bought AGES ago. Think maybe I was just over 18 at the time?? Have a nice Weaver 3x-9x scope on 'er. Accurate little beast, I just wish the trigger was a tad bit softer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya Northwoods. My brother got one for Christmas when he was a kid. I've loved them every since. I can't wait to get this one to the woods!

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Looks like a great shooter! Congrats! :cool:

It looks like that gun shop there has plenty of gun stuff on the racks. Is their gun supply and ammo just as well stocked?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Congratulations on getting yourself a new rifle! You are going to have some fun burning
up the ammunition once the prices and supply become reasonable again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chicharrones, they have a good supply of pistols, rifles and shotguns and quite a few ARs. As far as ammo goes the only thing they are always low on are .22 and .308 Win. I can get .38, .40, .45, 9mm and a bunch of 7.62 and 5.56 ... As long as I buy one box at a time. Lol that's the way they ensure not selling out in hours. Luckily, I pass it twice per day going to work and back.

rifleshooter, the squirrels in my back yard ain't feeling too safe either.

ncfarmer, now that the stupidity in congress is settled, lets hope that will be soon!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,741 Posts
nice find
Line art Cartoon Green Illustration Organism

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well, you came out looking real good on this one.....Congratulations :)

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
wow what do you need a magazine that big for? that just makes it more dangerous! :D :D :D :p :p

Teasing aside, that looks like a fun rifle! Let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all. I'll give a full range report when I pick her up (she's on layaway). Oh, and I found out the scope on it is a BSA red dot scope. Anyone know anything about those?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Administrator
18,650 Posts
Congratulations! :) Looks like a nice accurate Rifle with the Custom Barrel free floated like that. :cool:

I've had my standard Ruger 10/22 Carbine for years and it's been great!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Very nice; I've had a craving for the 10/22 takedown for awhile now.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Nice find. Now if only it was cheap to use 25 rd mags anymore!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW MissKitty, you TRYING to get me divorced? :D Seriously, that M1 looks awesome and I may have to look into getting the kit. As an old(er) fart, I really like the looks of that. Thanks for the link!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts