Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was less than impressed. It felt heavy, but according to the web it's only 23 ounces. It felt more like 33 which is no improvement on my Ruger P90. The grip is skinny. My hand wraps around it about twice. :laugh: Might be why it feels heavier than it really is. It was 500 bucks. I just decided I'd wait and think it over a while longer. I really like the P90 and it's not a hassle to carry despite internet wisdom on the subject. The XDe is thinner, but that don't really matter to me. If the P90 bulges so what? No law against that, anymore.

I guess get right down to it, I just don't feel it's 500 bucks improvement on what I already have. In fact, I'm not sure it's an improvement at all, nothing against the Springfield, nice gun, but it's my money and I really like the P90. :D Besides, I have a subcompact 9 and a 19 ounce .357 that are easier to carry if I need that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you're not crazy about the hammer then yeah you probably did the right thing. The main reason I got it was because of the hammer. Plus the 3 extra magazines made it worth it. It really does feel light on my hip, too the point where you will forget it's there. If you hold it next to a PT111 you will notice the weight difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
If you're not crazy about the hammer then yeah you probably did the right thing. The main reason I got it was because of the hammer. Plus the 3 extra magazines made it worth it. It really does feel light on my hip, too the point where you will forget it's there. If you hold it next to a PT111 you will notice the weight difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Looks larger than the 111, that's not much smaller than the 809 it's pictured with.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
for FIRST its about the feel in my hand, second on how easily it comes on target, then of course reliability.
once that I figure out what does and does not fit then the reliability is number one!
thats why basically I am a 1911 and CZ guy.
just honestly they all see to fit me well.

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hammer is the one thing I AM crazy about. :D I'm a hammer gun kinda guy. I carry DA and my P90 is a DA with a decocker only, returns to fire when the hammer is dropped like a Sig P220. Meh, maybe in the future I'll pick one up to play with and maybe carry, but for now I think I'll just think about it. :D First impression wasn't that great, but it might be one of those guns you learn to love. :laugh:

Reactions: pegasus

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I handled one at the NRA show, it was okay but I did not feel compelled to get one.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
54 Posts
The hammer is the one thing I AM crazy about. :D I'm a hammer gun kinda guy. I carry DA and my P90 is a DA with a decocker only, returns to fire when the hammer is dropped like a Sig P220. Meh, maybe in the future I'll pick one up to play with and maybe carry, but for now I think I'll just think about it. :D First impression wasn't that great, but it might be one of those guns you learn to love. :laugh:
That $500 price tag is a bit high also, I don't think I would have gotten it for that price myself. I paid $400 at the local gun show and gunbuyer.com had them for $379 a few weeks ago, and for that and 3 extra magazines I felt it was worth it. See if your local range has one to shoot and you may change your mind.

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, I'd pulled out my wallet in a heartbeat for under 400 bucks. :D

Reactions: twolfe55

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
That's 1.5 oz heavier than my XDs .45ACP single stack . The one you handled probably was a single stack also . Single stack loaded is heavy enough as well as carrying a double stack . I love mine , don't see myself parting with it any time soon . However all of them are a lot lighter than my PT24/7 Pro DS even empty ! And I can shoot it well ;) .

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Aberdog1 had a PT145 for sale with 4 mags, an IWB Don Hume, and he's paying shipping to me. Said the gun has about 1000 rounds through it. I liked and fired my SIL's PT145 some years ago (no longer my SIL). It's a single action, but it's light, fills my hand, and shoots well. I'm just waiting on it to be shipped this week to my FFL. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts