Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
35,567 Posts
You sure have a way with revolvers ! Very nice 617, and I love the grips. Congrats !

·
8,900 Posts
Very nice 617. How is the balance, I held a 605 last week and was a little put off with the heavy front end on a snubby. I also held a SW mod 60-15 and it had much better balance, of course cost 2.5 times as much.

Reactions: djh

·
Administrator
40,270 Posts
I want one! Handsome pistola!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Very nice! Congrats! I have that very same setup--same stainless 617 model, and almost the same wooden grips, but from Thailand.

As for the balance, it makes for a nice revolver, I can tell you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great looking revolver and the grips are a perfect addition.

·
Super Moderator
37,232 Posts
Excellent acquisition and those grips really set it off.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Very nice.
I just paid off and picked up my 617Ti last week.
I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but it looks just like this one.
617-TT.jpg
I"m installing a set of these grips on it to make it a little more compact for carry.
31230920-2-B.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,232 Posts
Very nice.
I just paid off and picked up my 617Ti last week.
I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but it looks just like this one.

I"m installing a set of these grips on it to make it a little more compact for carry.
I've never owned a gun with the Ribber Grips but can imagine that they might rearrange any clothes over the top of the gun to to increased tackiness.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I really like the wood grips from Taiwan. These that I put on my new 617 I can get all fingers on wood. They should provide great stability when shooting that full load 357's.
I have them on my 605 and two 85’s and as well.

·
Registered
24,852 Posts
Congrats on your new wheel gun.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I really like the wood grips from Taiwan. These that I put on my new 617 I can get all fingers on wood. They should provide great stability when shooting that full load 357's.
I have them on my 605 and two 85’s and as well.
That's kinda' the way I feel about the 3-finger-groove rubber style I posted above. And being a semi-soft rubber makes them even better for absorbing recoil.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
This is my Barsony Holster for my new Taurus 617. Very nice fit. I put the tie down on the Holster myself. I really really like this 617.

It is clip on belt holster. Very comfortable to carry.
I'd like a left-hand version of that one - looks like it would work well as an IWB for a right-hander....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts