Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a sad day in the Smith household yesterday. I sold my nicest guitar. A 1999 Fender 52 Re-issue Telecaster.

However, this followed me home today on a whim.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Very nice, sorry about the guitar, but hey sometimes you just have to rotate your stock.

Reactions: Joel66

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well.....your just gonna make a different kind of music now!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to use the guitar money on bills but then I thought about it.....I'm always gonna have bills but I might not always be able to pick this up at the price it was. lol

Seriously, I wasn't going to even go to the gun store. My wife insisted. She said "Nope, you sold your guitar. You're getting something. If you want a .38, or a .357, or a 1911...get it."

I sure do love that woman.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I was going to use the guitar money on bills but then I thought about it.....I'm always gonna have bills but I might not always be able to pick this up at the price it was. lol

Seriously, I wasn't going to even go to the gun store. My wife insisted. She said "Nope, you sold your guitar. You're getting something. If you want a .38, or a .357, or a 1911...get it."

Yes sir a good women is hard to find and keep. Congrats on both the gun and the wife!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...My wife insisted. She said "Nope, you sold your guitar. You're getting something. If you want a .38, or a .357, or a 1911...get it."

You did a good day's work when you married that lady! ;)

Congrats on your new revolver. :D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks y'all. I've never bought a new revolver. Is there anything I need to do to it before firing it?

·
32,577 Posts
Clean clean clean!!!
Second the motion for cleaning inside and out.

Nice looking gat you have there. Looks like a winner.

I'd say start with .38 Special ammo and work your way up to .357 magnum rounds.

For carry ammo for CCW, Speer makes short barrel ammo in .357 magnum guise.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Second the motion for cleaning inside and out.

Nice looking gat you have there. Looks like a winner.

I'd say start with .38 Special ammo and work your way up to .357 magnum rounds.

For carry ammo for CCW, Speer makes short barrel ammo in .357 magnum guise.
I'm getting the feeling I should clean this before firing it. ;D Thanks for the advice on loads. I'm probably just going to start out with either 110 gr. or 158 gr. .357 loads......it's all I've got. :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Those are nice! I shot one of those at the Taurus factory in Miami and really liked the feel, fit, and accuracy of the gun! Congrats!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Nice revolver Joel! Please let us know how it performs. It is on my possibilities list for future purchases....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice revolver Joel! Please let us know how it performs. It is on my possibilities list for future purchases....
It was getting on pretty close to dark this evening before I was able to get out with it. I only fired 5 rounds. My first impression is this.....I don't know why the call it the "Poly Protector".....

"Howitzer" takes up much less space.

First impression......it's definately a handfull. I shot 5 rounds of 158 gr .357 magnum. It was loud, it was bright, it had a s***load of recoil.......I loved it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get out more this week with it.

·
Super Moderator
36,450 Posts
Great gun, Great wife, congratulations on both!

·
32,577 Posts
I'm getting the feeling I should clean this before firing it. ;D Thanks for the advice on loads. I'm probably just going to start out with either 110 gr. or 158 gr. .357 loads......it's all I've got. :eek:hmy:
That's more than adequate. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
well now looke thier taurus, comes up with a nother fine desin.sure looks lite, bee sure to tell all on the proformance. will not have to use much oil on that or worry about finger prints ,and probly was fair priced too. good buy joe.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts