·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I say let 'em duke it out!

Reactions: bre346

·
Super Moderator
35,694 Posts
Notify the US....what a joke....like we can keep a secret anymore. Giving us advance notice is just like giving Iran advance notice and like Tuco said...."If you are going to shoot...shoot, don't talk".

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
My son is active duty. Scares the hell out of me whenever there's "unrest" in the Middle East or anywhere for that matter.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The Israelis, like any of our other "allies" will expect us US to bail them out...er uh.. back them up.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The Israelis, like any of our other "allies" will expect us US to bail them out...er uh.. back them up.
I don't know about that.

You know, our "president" has been kinda' uppity with Mr. Netanyahu lately.

Reactions: Lance0812

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The Israelis have shown incredible restraint over the years and I see no reason that they should notify the deaf ears in Washington what their intentions are if and when they decide to stomp on Iran.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I believe that our leaders in Washington live in a fantasy world. Nothing they have been involved in for the past few years resembles adults handling things in an adult way. Economy, health care, spending, world issues, immigration, environment, not one issue has had any thing but political game playing as a foundation. Why would any country that feels threatened by the US and another country trust the US. This country has already made it plain who it will take sides with in the Arab world politically. Our countrys politicians do not listen to the people that elect them.

·
Administrator
35,162 Posts
If we keep dismantling nukes, cutting our defense department budget, and kissing up to every banana republic dictator in the world, it may be one of our allies that bails US out.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
If we keep dismantling nukes, cutting our defense department budget, and kissing up to every banana republic dictator in the world, it may be one of our allies that bails US out.
What allies? We've traded the good ones for the dictator types.

You ever have that one girlfriend who was great, until the money ran out? Well, the U.S.of A. is about to find out.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The liberal media has clouded the issue of who our friends are and who are enemies are. We have ONE friend in the middle-east and that is Israel. Count the number of real friends around the world and it is just a handful. Don't confuse the real friends with countries who are generally aligned with us because we prop them up or pay their bills. Would we help Great Britian if they were attacked? Canada? New Zealand? Australia? Beyond those countries and Israel, the list of FRIENDS isn't long. Do we have disagreements? Sure but these countries share a common love of freedom and democracy and we have been shoulder to should in battle with them in the past.

We get confused by the media into thinking that other countries are our friend or enemy. If Israel goes to war, the country they fight with is OUR enemy in my opinion. Iran has threatened to anhilate them. IF I were POTUS, Iran would NEVER go to bed at night knowing what I would do to them in the morning. (I think I stole that line from Reagan after Carter forgot who are friends and enemies were).

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
If it were all about just Israel and Iran, then I say, so be it. However, should Israel actually attack Iran, Russia and China will crucify them in world opinion, and require the US to cast a cancelling vote in the UN Security Council. Therein lies the rub with today's "administration". Do YOU trust them to do the right thing? Heck, our own media would dance in their blood.

Without that vote, sanctions will be placed upon Israel to force dis-armament, and to scrap their nuclear program. When they refuse, it's South Africa all over again.

Then again, suppose Israel DOES strike Iran. As their forces head home, a few Iranian nuclear devices go along, and turn parts of Israel into a blue glass vacation spot. What is going to happen? The surviving Israeli nuclear forces will launch, but not just at Tehran. They will also hit Syria, and anyone else that they feel would take advantage of their vulnerability. The net result is the extinction of Israel.

Does anyone actually think that the US would intervene? How could we? We've made a huge deal about our responsibility to the world. Israel attacked Iran FIRST. What they got back was tit-for-tat response. Then Israel attacked multiple countries with nuclear weapons. Do we REALLY want to see of China AND Russia will call, our bluff? WWIII would start with a nuclear exchange, one that nobody would survive intact.

Perhaps the December, 2012 catastrophe called for in the Mayan calender is the date that Israel starts the final war. Food for thought.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
My guess is that Israel will do what this president has lacked the balls to do. Unfortunately, this administration has dragged it's feet for so long that it becomes almost a forgone conclusion that Israel will take unilateral action as a matter of survival. The a$$hole in the oval office will then denegrate Israel and tell the world that he would have negotiated. And for good measure, will bow to the East.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My sympathies lie with Israel, and I agree that they must defend themselves. Israel knows its enemies better than anyone else.
Should they decide to attack Iran I expect they will go all out like they did the Egyptians. I just greatly fear who else will be drawn in.
With all our expensive fooling around in the region already I pray we don't have to bail them out.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
If Israel goes after Iran's weapons, no one else will have to worry about Iran for many years to come. If they strike- it will be complete. They don't have to fear the fall out- they already live in it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts