Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went into the GS to make the final payment on my Sig229 40 S&W, when I was looking into the case, and saw a rather plain looking, Blued Snubbie laying there.

Now, I noticed something odd about this one, but what was it...the cylinder was short and stubby. I asked to see it, and It was a 905c....9mm Taurus.
I know I lost alot of you gun snobs with that "bit o' truth" there, but I have a sickness for Taurus snubbies. Just a good clean look to em'. And I like the full lug. Even better is I have been looking for another carry gun.

I was going to pass, until I pulled the trigger, man-oh-man, It was silky smooth. I haven't checked yet, but I bet it's under 10lbs and SMOOTH. Clean break, no creep....SMOOTH. Definately not a typical Taurus trigger. Come to find out the previous owner(a friend of the shop) had a trigger job done on it. It's an excellent trigger. Plus the bluing on this thing is so deep and has such a luster, you'd think this was a $700 gun. I still planned on making my payment till I flipped the tag...$245!...I bought it. I have not seen a whole lot of these, and to find one as nice as this, plus one that Locks up tight...figured what the hay!

Guess I'll get my Sig in a couple more weeks....Right now I am 2 for 2 with these snubby Taurus', I hope this is a sign that they are getting control of their QC!

·
Administrator
35,560 Posts
Nice gun there, Robby will love this one too !! There is definitely a niche for this type of gun out there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Let me ask another of my (patented) "newbie" questions here:

Why is it that I so often see pictures of handguns with something ( seems usually a pen) stuck in the trigger area?
I think it's always behind the trigger, too.
Is it just to 'prop the gun up' for photography?
Or is there some other reason?

Thanks.. & sorry..
Tim

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, Man! I love and carry my 905 as my Bug. You beat me price wise, but they just feel so good. I like having my PT111 and the 905, using the same ammo. I do love the finish on mine, and it fits any holster for the 85 series of Taurus guns. Cheaper to shoot than my 357.
Tim K said:
Let me ask another of my (patented) "newbie" questions here:

Why is it that I so often see pictures of handguns with something ( seems usually a pen) stuck in the trigger area?
I think it's always behind the trigger, too.
Is it just to 'prop the gun up' for photography?
Or is there some other reason?

Thanks.. & sorry..
Tim
That use of a pen, shotgun shell, and other props just make the gun stand up better for photography. No other reason that I know of. when I took picts of my family, they all were supported so the picture looks better. I did try it without and it sucked.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find that a Sharpie works great as a prop.
One forum member at TFL uses clear acrylic blocks which aren't visible in the photo's(looks great to)

Proping helps to add depth and shadowing to the pictures.

I haven't had a chance to shoot this thing yet, as it was an impulsive purchase. One thing is for sure, the bluing on this gun is incredibly deep, as good as a Colt :eek:

On a side note...what is a reccommended JHP round. and is +P good to go in these (I figure it is, as they feel as solid as a .357mag)

·
Administrator
35,560 Posts
No dumb questions here, Tim. I had never seen that before either, before looking at the forums. I've had something in the back of my head ever since seeing this, of making some kind of clear piece of plastic to prop up the gun, maybe from behind so you can't see it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My choice revolver, man O man I would buy it.
Where did you buy it from?
Looks sweet and if the trigger is as you say, what a deal! I personally would try to find one with a stainless steel finish but blued is ok for a revolver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found it at Great Guns in Kearney MO. They are not a Taurus dealer as a rule. They had ordered this for a guy, who fell on tough times.
This is the 2nd Good deal I have found there in a Month. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SS is my choice as well. But this Blueing is so deep, and polished, I couldn't pass it up.
I "smartcarried" this for 6 hours. It carries better than my 651ss. The shorter barrel makes a difference(I guess)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Good choice 9mm, its got more NUT'S than a .380 and the cool thing with a 905 is that you can Nest two loads of Moon Clips Nose to Nose together for Compact Carry...<:)) YOU did GOOD...!!!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
What he is trying to say!! If you load your moon clips. Stand one up on the table clip down, turn the next over and it will fit together. Then you can put more in a pocket or case, with less space than speed loaders.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Major score! That would have been an easy one to miss. At first glance it looks just like a .38. And a trigger job, too? Well done!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Taurus has good Moon Clips because if they get loose, and the Bullets fall out, you can Tweek them Tighter with a screw driver in them slots...<:))

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Job well done! The 905 looks like it would make quite a fine BUG.

·
Registered
113 Posts
THANK YOU for not putting the pen in FRONT of the trigger (of any gun, especially when actually, truly, loaded) -- I was being sarcastic with a guy who was showing off his jewelry (including, I think, his gun and holster) and chided him for that once here and, well, was schooled, so, nothing but positive feelings now...

NICE gun especially w/a trigger job! How could you have a better deal and/or CCW/BUG than that?! And, yo yo, a "9" means you can scavenge some from off of dem gang-bangers! Um, I hope that's OK to say here...

Alden

1 - 20 of 21 Posts