Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FN Five-Seven

For $1900!

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When they were new they could not give them away at $700.....this is just insane!!

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I hope you were SELLING as that's a high price to pay if buying!

I remember that they were slow selling and not well reguarded, then that publicly self proclaimed "Soldier of Allah" (that was NOT A TERRORIST according to Holder and the White house) shot up the army base and they jumped 3-400 bucks. Now they have dang near doubled.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I want one, but they are well out of my price range for a pistol. I've made a rule for myself that I must first spend that much on a rifle before I can bring myself to buy a 2000 dollar pistol. Plus ammo is pretty pricey from what I hear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
My boss has two of those, which he bought a couple of years ago for "regular" prices. I got him a case of ammo about a year and a half or so ago from Midway when they had a sale on it. 2,000 rounds for $725. Now if you can find it, it's $100 a box.

He's shot about half of it. Rumor has it they had some sort of production problem with the ammo right before the shortage.

So, what was your cut...???

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I dont know what to say Pricey or Priceless. Big bucks for a handgun......

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
GOOD ONE Bender!!

Yeah - I think it's an interesting round and a forward thinking platform design. I'd be more interested IF prices were back to reasonable and ammo was available and fairly priced glenwolde's bulk buy is the best pricing that I've heard to date and that is now ancient history.

For now I can load a full framed Glock 17 (or 34) with Pearce +3 extension and have a 20 +1 9mm which is a fist full of hurt. When the gun is at home that is just what I do. It sits in my safe UNDER the Glock 22 40S&W configured to 17 +1 (the Pearce only adds 2 to a 40).

·
Super Moderator
22,150 Posts
Great gun But! the problem that faces civilians is the ammo, The good stuff is not available to regular people its only sold to the military and Police. As it can penetrate body armor. They showed the P-90 on a CSI episode and made it out to be this insane gun built only for the Military and could literaly cut people in half like a saw or laser. I laughed my butt off with what they were saying about it. They had the bullets piercing just about everything it came across and shooting the never ending mag. They showed it to almost cut a semi in half. Talk about Hollywood going overboard. It was just a Bullpup design like many other guns.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A buddy of mine got an FN FiveseveN a couple of years ago when they were only about $1000. I call it his Zombie Chipmunk Gun.:) My wife would bobbitize me if I spent that kind of money on a plastic .22 pistol, but she'll certainly chastise me for not having one when the Zombie Chipmunk Apocalypse starts.:)

Reactions: Bender and Snug9mm

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I was looking at one.... But when I found the best feature to be reserved for military and police that armor piercing round ss109??? Not sure think that was the number was unavailable to the public I skipped should have got it then....850. was the asking price....Still not robbing anything it is a nice looking gun and a Sweet shooter...I wanted armor piercing capabilities though before anyone gets their oupanties in a bunch I know why civilian bans on that kind of ammo is needed......

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I bought one years ago for $700 and sold it 2 years later for $850 used.Kind of wish I still had it.Kept all my ammo though as I have a 5.7 upper for one of my AR'S.Local gun store had a new one last week for just under a grand and it went quick.They have been getting ammo to trickle in and I have picked up several more boxes for $26 a box.
They are a blast to shoot.No recoil and extremely accurate.Nice muzzle flash at dusk also.If I fall into one at the right price or find some more money I would pick up another.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I was looking at one.... But when I found the best feature to be reserved for military and police that armor piercing round ss109??? Not sure think that was the number was unavailable to the public I skipped should have got it then....850. was the asking price....Still not robbing anything it is a nice looking gun and a Sweet shooter...I wanted armor piercing capabilities though before anyone gets their oupanties in a bunch I know why civilian bans on that kind of ammo is needed......
Actually I don't.

I've shot 30-06 AP and deer rounds side by side. The deer round went through 1/2" mild steel plate with ease where the AP rounds were about 30% having the core passing through 70% stuck in the plate. We actually thought we were missing the plate with the deer rounds as it was totally drama free when hit... then we saw the big holes punched through by the 165gr boat tail rounds! The AP rounds made it jump a bit by comparison.

I can guarantee you that "cover" for a 5.7 is only "concealment" for a 30-06!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is just one of the guns i sold for the friend with the $200k inventory. It is looking better every day that will end up with all of them and open my gun store! I have access to lots of other types of guns if anyone is looking. He has ARs and AKs and 1911s and XDs.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah these are really cool guns but for 2k dollars... yeeeeaaaah... lol And ammo always has been hard to find. Neat concept but yeah it's funny that these are real high dollar but yet it seems they never caught on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts