Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If push comes to shove and I decide I want to store some weapons in deep cover, what's the best system to do so? I am intrigued by CheaperThanDirt's Element Proof Storage bags. Anyone had any experience with them? Are there better/other alternatives? Thanks.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Robby said:
Large PCV Pipe, Pipe caps, Glue, silica bags, Pack the guns in Gun socks and store appropriately!!!
Dig a deep post hole, drop it in, throw some dirt on it, add about 5' of log chain, finish burying. That should be enough to discourage them if they are using a metal detector.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
Dig a deep post hole, drop it in, throw some dirt on it, add about 5' of log chain, finish burying. That should be enough to discourage them if they are using a metal detector.
Now I never said a thing about burying anything. I was thinking protection from moisture, flood damage, or just long term if your going on your around the world retirement trip.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm not very comfortable putting a gun into anything plastic, such as storage bags, etc., because of the tendency to "sweat." If I were to hide a gun somewhere, I'd probably make a PVC capsule, filled with kitty litter, with the gun in a protective sock.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
in that link, it says you can purchase those silicon bags that they put in food and other stuff to keep moisture out......there are all kinds of ways to skin that cat. It also talks about keeping the ammo dry and separate from the gun.

·
Registered
382 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
in that link, it says you can purchase those silicon bags that they put in food and other stuff to keep moisture out......there are all kinds of ways to skin that cat. It also talks about keeping the ammo dry and separate from the gun.
Well there ya go, skin a cat, and use that. It's waterproof.

And before someone complains, i've got a cat, and would never do that.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
I love cats. They taste just like chicken. :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
i've noticed it's more of a peacock taste

1 - 10 of 10 Posts