Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most carry revolvers max out with a 4 inch barrel, I am contemplating a 4-6 inch barrel to use for defense and hunting, is that 4-6 inch barrel going to cause alot of issues with carrying concealed? Like snagging in holsters, etc?

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I would certainly think it would, but I know some folks like carrying a 5" 1911, so I dunno ... I figure with the right clothing you could pull it off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have anything near that long, but I have found that a large grip is harder to hide than a long barrel.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I don't think I would chose to try and conceal a 6" revolver but it could be done with a quality holster and the willingness to dress around the gun.

Depending on what type of gun you're thinking of, check out this place:
http://www.caboholsters.com/

Steelheart

·
Registered
625 Posts
A 6 inch barrel revomver is going to be a little harder to carry, but it is definately in the realm of possibilitry. I also like a 6 inch barrel for a backup while hunting, usually a .357 Mag since I only have to worry about hogs, and no bears.

Consider a Dan Wesson revolver with interchangeable barrels. Also, you can get two good used pistols for about the price of a new one. You might consider getting a snubbie for carry and a 6 inch for hunting, where you can carry it exposed.

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts