Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in addition to yesterdays news about school, the car also popped a check engine light and was running like crap.

So I dove in, figured it out, replaced one of the coils, wires and spark plugs. Viola! Runs great.

Coming home from work and BOOM! Right front tire blows out at about 65. No problem, pull over. Have to crawl down where I can change the tire. Pull spare out and discover the jack has disappeared since I last looked about two weeks ago. Call my son and tell him to bring a jack. As I hang up the MoDot dude pulls up and changes the tire super fast. Which was good as the spare was flat as well!

But hey it all works out in the end and I'll do what I have to and finish this school.

As Ol Blues Eyes says, that's life (except the last line which I never agreed with anyway).

Sarge

Reactions: bre346 and Jake3501

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Sage, take my advice.. wait a few weeks if you plan on going to Vegas! :D

Glad it worked out.

I'm not sure if Frank was right or maybe Dino said it better when he said "Aint that a kick in the head"... :)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hope things will turn out well for you. Your story and the Sinatra song made me think of a song my wife told me about. It is by a German band called Opus (she lived in Germany for 5+ years). The title is "Life is Life". The refrain is, "Life is Life, la la la la la... When something goes upside down, we look at each other and sing this little tune.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sending some good vibes your way Sarge.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well, thank goodness for the DOT truck and its gracious and most capable driver.

Reactions: Sarge

·
32,481 Posts
Aren't you glad the sheriff or state troopers didn't pull you over. Mr.Murphy was riding with no seat belt in the passenger seat.

Here's something to brighten your day with.
Hee Haw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :) :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*grin* Wanna bet there Qwiks? I had been pulled over earlier. Our right turn signal is freaking out and blinks super fast (all bulbs are good) but this time it stopped for a few seconds.

So Mr Trooper pulls me over and as he does his right headlight evidently burnt out. So he walks up and stares at me, not saying anything. So I ask him him, "Sir, did you know your headlight is out?" He looks back, tips his head up slightly and sighs. As he starts to walk away he said, "Have a great night."

Now to add some ironic humor to the tire deal. I was listening to CDB and the song that came on was Uneasy Rider. *grin* The dang tire blew right on time with the song lyrics too.

I was takin' a trip out to L.A.
Toolin' along in my Cheverolet
Tokin' on a number and diggin' on the radio

Just as I crossed the Mississippi line
I heard that highway start to whine
And I knew that left rear tire was about to blow

Well the spare was flat and I got uptight
'Cause there wasn't a filling station in sight
So I just limped on down the shoulder on the rim

I went as far as I could and when I stopped the car
It was right in front of this little bar, a
Kind of a red-neck lookin' joint called the "Dew Drop Inn"

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Well, maybe tomorrow will be your lucky day!

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
My attitude "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere!"

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
As Dave Ramsey says, they aren't REALLY unexpected events. If you're alive expect to have them.

Or something to that effect. That's why we have an EMERGENCY fund. :)

Hopefully, everything works out for you, Sarge.

·
32,481 Posts
Sarge. You're a card! A good one!

I'm not sure I would have seen the humor of it or gone as long without blowing up.

I did have a women back a decade who hit me from behind while I was sitting at a traffic light to turn left and in the left turn lane.

I was a calm and smiling (bad idea or so it seemed) took each others accident info. When the state trooper got there the lady turns on me by saying that I backed up into her. She was going about 30 MPH whenshe hit. She had been talking to her daughter with her head turned and you could see the both of them yell S*** just before they struck.

The state trooper takes my statement first and then goes over to the gal. They both claim I'm at fault for backing up into them at high speed. That didn't happen of course. The trooper takes one look at the damage and the skid marks, walks back over the couple and says, "Mam, would you like to change your story." He was not fooled and the evidence showed it. The look on those two's faces was great. They turned a deep dark red and they then looked at the ground embarassed.

Those were no ladies!! She got the ticket!

So Sarge. Here's hoping for the best for you and a little prayer for you as well. May your ship have much smoother sailing waters to navigate. :)

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Sarge, the old saying is "It's always darkest just before the dawn".

(Although it's clear the author of that never had to chase a black cat into a coal mine at midnight.)

(No. Don't even ask. It's still painful.)

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL!!! I can understand that one with the black cat!! Ambush is pitch black and insists on sitting in the middle of the floor, in the middle of the night, when you try to get to the restroom without waking up. So I trip over him. Then I try to chase his pitch black butt thru the pitch black house. Of course this usually results in me sitting in a corner, cursing and holding whichever foot I stove or toe I broke this time.

Humor is the only defense sometimes cause if ya let everything hit ya, well things go wonky then. And I tend to hurt other folks (*grin* Never friends or family tho. Some stranger will make some stupid comment, "Flat tire?" POW!!) then and that results in those cars with the little blinking lights on top and the nice not so nice gents and women with nice pretty uniforms, big pistols and shiny bracelets showing up.

I do have to add this was the 3rd or 4th front tire blowout I've ever had and this was the least eventful. The car kept on driving straight and level, no funky left or right jerks and such. Ya don't want to do this in a big ol' 4x4 tho. Talk about pucker factor!!

Tire should be under warranty still so replacement cost will be less than a new tire luckily. Cause if it aint I'll be scrubbing floors at the tire place. *grin*

Sarge

Reactions: kaiged1
1 - 19 of 19 Posts