Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(WEAU tv Wisconsin) - A boy is arrested after stealing a loaded firearm.

Durand Police say the gun was stolen from a vehicle around 8:30 Wednesday evening. Officers say the weapon was reportedly loaded with 15 rounds of ammunition.

A witness told officers the gun was taken by a 16-year-old boy. Thursday, officers found him in a vehicle near an apartment complex.

He was taken in on charges of theft, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
When do we get to see pictures of the poor, innocent youth as a 12yr old.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Another reason not to leave your shootin' iorn in the truck!

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
518 Posts
Totally agree! When I get out of my car at home, especially late, my 809 is in hand, not left in the vehicle. I want to be the surpriser, not the surprised in case there are unwelcome visitors. Huge mistake to leave a weapon in the car.

Reactions: A45ACP and Denton

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
MY car is outside too. No guns or GPS ar any other valuable is left in it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Another reason not to leave your shootin' iorn in the truck!

View attachment 26274
Totally agree! Unless it is in my pocket, I won't take it out of the house. I know that it is difficult to know if you will need to leave if off your person depending on where you would go, but IMHO, it is part of the vigilance required with carrying a firearm.......

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Yup. Never leave anything in your car or truck that you are not wiling to part with.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
When I get out of my car at home, especially late, my 809 is in hand, not left in the vehicle.
You must get some surprised looks when you step out of your car with your PT809 in your hand...... ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,536 Posts
I keep a old GPS unit under the front seat I have a great new one thats twice its size and has lifetime updates. I paid less for it then the original 3" GPS unit but if they break in I want them to have something to steal that they can be charged with Its under the seat so its not visible but other then that I keep nothing in my car. The only reason is if the cops are called I want them to be charged with something and have a record not just vandalism. Plus our cops are definitely lazy and try to avoid paperwork at all cost. Not saying we don't have good ones just they would rather be on speed traps then doing something that requires work. But a gun should not be left in your car, in some places they could try and hold you for negligence if someone was hurt by you not securing your weapon. Just something to consider.

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
I was thinking about this the other night. Our club stops for pizza after an IPSC match and I was thinking that a guy with a baseball bat could probably collect a few thousand dollars worth of handguns in less than 10 minutes if he was wise to us.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
You know, for what it's worth, I wonder if the person that the firearm was stolen from was in a place that did not allow
firearms inside the premises. For the most part, everyone who can carry concealed will have their sidearm with them, regardless.

The only place I disarm, & I hate like hell doing it, is when I have to enter the post office. I don't have any need to go to any
school property; so there's no problem there. And I don't go into bars/taverns either. Just wondering, is all. :guns:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Someone else mentioned this, but if the minor had shot himself, they would have tied the gun owner up for not securing his weapon. It's an f'd up society, but that's the truth. Sad. The police should have made the child work off the damages to the owners vehicle. And then require him to wear a shirt that labeled him a thief.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
My gun usually goes with me when I travel unless there is a no carry rule where I am stopping. I need to get
a lockbox to put it in but for now I hide it and lock the doors if I can't carry it. I have to be careful when I am
riding anywhere with the stepchildren, they are the world's worst for leaving things unlocked. One day I am
afraid they will learn the hard way like I did when the faceplate for my stereo got stolen years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts