Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,I want to inspect the lock work of my 66. 3 screws hold the side plate on. Now when I remove the side plate will anything come jumping out at me? I've done 1911's down to the frame but revolvers are another can of worms. I'm sure this has been asked before but, I gotta know.

·
Registered
252 Posts
1911 fanatic, myself. I opened up one of my 66s to change out the hammer spring and trigger return spring. I just made sure and kept the open side up. Nothing jumped out at me. In case you're not aware, DO NOT PRY on the cover to get it off. There's a better way. A bunch of YouTube videos of springs being replaced on Taurus revolvers. Sometimes, it's better to see it done...reassuring too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Now I have to figure out where this little spring and pin goes. I think it has something to do with the crane. I'll keep you informed about my progress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to seek professional help for my revolver today. Not many gunsmiths want to fix a Taurus. Said something about parts being restricted. Anyone here knows what that's about? Well if bad comes to worst hopefully I can send it to there repair center.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm not the expert, but tell us your specific issue and someone can probably chime in with a solution. Pictures are very helpful.

It's true that getting parts from Taurus is virtually impossible beyond the most basic, like grips. There are online sources of some things.

Reactions: Dad1911

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pictures are definitely a plus.
What is the specific issue you’re having? Can you post a picture of the gun and the parts you mentioned? What occurred that created the problem?

·
21,931 Posts
Unless you've lost parts, you shouldn't need a gunsmith. Here's a link to an exploded view.

Reactions: Dad1911

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok,got it back today. Cliff notes version here. It's and old model 65. Has 4 screws. Problem was the hand spring and plunger launched itself from the side plate! Anyhow the gunsmith has it working properly now. A cheap fix but could have been a lot worse. LOL

·
21,931 Posts
Ah, the three screw models never launch their pins or springs.

He said, with a truly shocking level of sarcasm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts