Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I wearing out my lock on my pt140?

I lock and cable it up in my car before I go into my work place as concealed weapons are not allowed inside.

I use the key to lock it up and unlock it everyday.

Will the lock eventually break because of all of the locking and unlocking ?
I do this twice a day once before I go in and again when I come out to go home.

I haven't seen this asked before and got tired of worrying about it. Any thoughts on this?
HatRon56

·
Administrator
41,476 Posts
Only a guess, but as long as it functions smoothly, I doubt you'll see a problem for a loooong time. And if it breaks, you know Taurus will fix it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hatron56 you might want to consider this. A Secure-It Handgun storage safe from Cabela's for $30. You secure the storage safe in your vehicle with the cable. The cable has two loops. You pass the cable around a seat post (or something else) and then thread it thru the other cable loop. Then you secure the free cable loop inside the lock box with your pistol. Thus when the box is locked, neither the cable or the box can be removed from the vehicle without the box being unlocked. It is a keyed lock box. When you need to leave your pistol in your vehicle, you just open the lock box and put your pistol inside and then lock it. It can easily be slid under a seat and then is hidden from sight. The whole process only takes about thirty seconds. I have this in my vehicle and use it every day and it works well for me. Just look it up on Cabela's web site -Secure-It Handgun Storage Safe.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
forfun said:
Hatron56 you might want to consider this. A Secure-It Handgun storage safe from Cabela's for $30. You secure the storage safe in your vehicle with the cable. The cable has two loops. You pass the cable around a seat post (or something else) and then thread it thru the other cable loop. Then you secure the free cable loop inside the lock box with your pistol. Thus when the box is locked, neither the cable or the box can be removed from the vehicle without the box being unlocked. It is a keyed lock box. When you need to leave your pistol in your vehicle, you just open the lock box and put your pistol inside and then lock it. It can easily be slid under a seat and then is hidden from sight. The whole process only takes about thirty seconds. I have this in my vehicle and use it every day and it works well for me. Just look it up on Cabela's web site -Secure-It Handgun Storage Safe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Second on the Secure-It lock box. I've got 3 so far. 1 is in my pickup for my truck gun, second is in pickup for CCW when I need to lock it up, and third is in my work truck for my "sleeper gun". They are also TSA approved and can be used as a portable gun case.

·
Super Moderator
22,310 Posts
Just checked it out will be buying one or two shortly love it and its priced right. Thanks Forfun :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hatron56 said:
Am I wearing out my lock on my pt140?

I lock and cable it up in my car before I go into my work place as concealed weapons are not allowed inside.

I use the key to lock it up and unlock it everyday.

Will the lock eventually break because of all of the locking and unlocking ?
I do this twice a day once before I go in and again when I come out to go home.

I haven't seen this asked before and got tired of worrying about it. Any thoughts on this?
HatRon56
Well the firearm has a lifetime warranty, so if you wear it out it should be covered.
I would call C/S and ask them.
I am sure they planed on some of use actually using the lock on these daily so It's a good question.
But, like I said, if it does wear out they should be able to fix you up, so I would not sweat it.
If you do, just call them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.