Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't decide where this should go. It's gun related but not entirely about the gun. It was a Taurus but I'm not sure which model...:unsure:...just says brandishing so I dunno' if he was open or concealed carryin' prior...:dunno:...or just brandishing.

ROCKLAND TWP., Pa. (EYT) — A Venango County man has been charged with ethnic intimidation after he allegedly yelled obscenities at a family and fired two shots in the air on the bike trail in Rockland Township.
According to court documents, criminal charges were filed against 61-year-old Mark R. Rauenswinter, of Kennerdell, in Magisterial District Judge Patrick E. Lowrey’s office on July 28.
On July 28, around 7:07 p.m. State Police from Franklin responded to report regarding an incident on the bike trail near 1031 Rails to Trails Drive, Rockland Township, Venango County.
According to a criminal complaint filed by Trooper Morrison, of PSP Franklin, on July 28, a known victim reported than an older white male threatened him and his family with bodily harm and made reference to his family being “sand (expletive)” telling them to leave the area. The victim stated that the man appeared to be highly intoxicated.
It was reported that the man made the statement: “I’ll bury you all in the river,” and he left the area. He returned brandishing a .357 Taurus Magnum pointing it in their direction, then fired two shots in the air.
Officer Morrison and assisting officers learned that the accused goes by the alias “Rocky.”
In addition, a witness heard Rauenswinter yelling obscenities at the victims.
Officers located Rauenswinter at a neighbor’s residence on Muskie Drive.
According to the complaint, he was highly intoxicated and had in his possession a .357 Tauras Magnum with five shells in the cylinder. Two cartridges were empty.
He was taken into custody. He was provided his Miranda warning at 7:55 p.m.
According to the complaint, he admitted to firing the revolver in the air in an attempt to scare the victims into leaving.
Rauenswinter was arraigned at 11:00 p.m. on July 28 on the following charges:
— Ethnic Intimidation, Felony 3
— Simple Assault, Misdemeanor 1
— Terroristic Threats W/ Intent To Terrorize Another, Misdemeanor 1
— Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Misdemeanor 2
— Harassment — Comm. Lewd, Threatening, Etc. Language, Misdemeanor 3
— Disorderly Conduct Engage In Fighting, Misdemeanor 3
— Public Drunkenness And Similar Misconduct, Summary

Unable to post $25,000.00 monetary bail, he was lodged in the Venango County Jail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on August 7 in Venango County Central Court.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
"bury you in the river"
Highly intoxicated is right.

Reactions: Car_Doc and kschilk

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
It sounds like they thought he had a Taurus, but when they actually caught him, it turned out to be a Tauras. I don't see a Tauras board on the Internets...

·
Registered
19,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like they thought he had a Taurus, but when they actually caught him, it turned out to be a Tauras. I don't see a Tauras board on the Internets...

...:dunno:...the jernulist lernted hau tu spel in kawlige.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Well this guy is obviously a mass shooter in training so I'm sure they will let him go soon.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
19,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guns make you dangerous, booze makes you do stupid things. The two things together are a real bad mix.
Drugs and alcohol don't induce stupidity, they just amplify it.

·
Super Moderator
40,578 Posts
Guns make you dangerous, booze makes you do stupid things. The two things together are a real bad mix.
I carry a gun 99.9% of the time I am awake. Never considered myself dangerous.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's also a jackass when he's sober. Welcome to Felony-Town Mr. Rauenswinter. He should get a couple of years for that.

·
Registered
19,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rockland is a local township that's noted for people like.....:unsure:......well......:huh:...ever seen Deliverance?

·
Super Moderator
13,900 Posts
Topics like this are normally posted in the Firing Line; thus, it has been moved accordingly.

Carry on!

·
Super Moderator
13,900 Posts
Rockland is a local township that's noted for people like.....:unsure:......well......:huh:...ever seen Deliverance?
Oh, right - gotcha. That's okay, I got enough gas in the tank to look for a motel down the road a ways.

·
Registered
19,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, right - gotcha. That's okay, I got enough gas in the tank to look for a motel down the road a ways.
Most of the township is undeveloped. There's a small amount of farmland but it's mostly all rocky, wooded hills (flatlanders would say mountains), hence the name(s). You could film a movie about Appalacia there and noby'd ever believe it wasn't shot on location. The community (maybe 20 houses total) of Rockland itself is on the edge of the Allegheny River but there are summer cottages, hunting/fishing camps and public campgrounds all along both sides of the river for miles. Many of the cottages and camps are owned by out of towners, many from Pittsburgh, Youngstown and other regional metro areas. The bicycle trail where this occurred, is the paved-over railroad bed of a now defunct line that runs mostly along the river. That part of the trail was only put in sometime in the last 15 years or so.

Rockland kids went to my high school and most seemed almost normal but as I recall, all the really bad kids in that school were from there. If a car got stolen from anywhere around here, it was usually found in Rockland (twp). Murders were a rarity here in those days but when there was one, even if it wasn't committed there, that's where the body'd be found. River drowning victims, even from dozens of miles upstream always seem to only surface there. :unsure:...it's just a weird place. In recent years, it's become a popular area for the druggies to hang out and meth labs are easily hidden in those woods, as are plants and stills. I try not to go through there but if I have to...:dry:...windows are up, gun's on the seat, we're haulin' ___ and there ain't no stoppin' for nobody or nuthin' 'til we're out of it. :smile:...real pretty scenery, though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts