Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come within our "fair" little (normal pop of about 2500 or so) village (also known as the Meth Capitol of West County) to ponder and elect our "esteemed" Aldermen. Now I'm not all that political so I don't really keep up with any of this. But this one is different.

in the ward I live in we currently have a woman I know pretty good in office. She is running for reelection and has done a pretty decent job.

For awhile it appeared she was unopposed but then I noticed a few signs up for someone else. The name sounded vaguely familiar but I just couldn't place it. So I asked and found out I did indeed know the gent. I happened to overhear several conversations while getting this info and was a bit shocked.

Should someone wish to speak to this hopefully in person they merely need cruise our many alleys, paying particular attention to those with dumpsters located close to heavy drinkers of products in aluminum cans. He will be recognized by the long straggly white hair and beard, unkempt and never combed, the usually dirty clothes and a not so pleasant attitude about half the time. It also seems he is $80,000 behind on child support and has a habit of "borrowing" money from family should they leave it in sight.

That wasn't the shock however. It was the sheer number of idiots talking about voting for him from PITY. No wonder this little place is so messed up.

Sarge

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Sarge, only you can ascertain the honesty of folks you vote for, good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I already know for me. I just can't believe a lot of the folks saying we may not be able to trust this guy but I feel sorry so I'll vote for him anyway.

·
Registered
27,121 Posts
Sarge,
How un-egalitarian of you.
The poor guy probably never got a trophy for brushing his teeth when he was a kid. Now you want to deny him his right to serve the community (and line his own pocket).
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sarge,
The poor guy probably never got a trophy for brushing his teeth when he was a kid. Now you want to deny him his right to serve the community (and line his own pocket).
Tsk, tsk, tsk.
That's right Sarge. And you should also vote for him so he could get caught up on his child support without having to take a dime out of his own pocket. I mean isn't it supposed to be like "Her Thighness" Hillary Clinton said: "It takes a village."
But my real opinion is: The next time you see that WPOS rummaging through the dumpsters just throw him in.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Oh I already know for me. I just can't believe a lot of the folks saying we may not be able to trust this guy but I feel sorry so I'll vote for him anyway.
Is that how we got Obama?

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sarge,
Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Well his check will get garnished for support but I could see him fitting right in with a few past members of the council (usually the mayor) and all of a sudden seeming to have an invisible cash flow source.

Sarge

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Is he 5'2", portly, bald headed and his last name Hogg?

Reactions: rodfair

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
One of the nearby (Orlando) pols has just been thrown in jail for taking bribes. She got caught in a sting, the tape of which was released. She tried to say she was not guilty! She was trying to help her community! Took over 3 hours for the jury to decide.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of our esteemed mayors was dating his secretary (while married), paying her of course and giving her raises when no one else got one. She was there a whopping half a day at most. At the same time the budget always seemed to be short.

Add to that he attempted to make it illegal to be Hispanic. Not just for any illegals but all of them. He had the cops pulling over any and all who looked like they might be of Spanish background and asking for their papers. He ran up an incredible bill for legal services we are still paying, spent most of his day running his normal outside business, which seemed to win a lot of contracts with the town, eating out and having us pay for it.

Sarge

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
This is where we need to start taking back our government, at the local level. Get in their face and let them know, you're not going away.

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
I will say this for Florida, when corruption is brought to their attention they seem to jump on it.

·
Registered
27,121 Posts
One of the nearby (Orlando) pols has just been thrown in jail for taking bribes. She got caught in a sting, the tape of which was released. She tried to say she was not guilty! She was trying to help her community! Took over 3 hours for the jury to decide.
NOTE: If you serve on jury duty you ALWAYS want to take at least 3 hours so as to get free food sent in.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
NOTE: If you serve on jury duty you ALWAYS want to take at least 3 hours so as to get free food sent in.
I wasn't that impressed with the food!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts