Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
may have saved a life.

Dog Attack at Clinton Animal Shelter

On Friday afternoon at around 12:49 P.M., Clinton Police were called to the scene of the Clinton Animal Shelter located at 1307 N. Washington Street in reference to a dog that had attacked two workers for the Clinton Animal Rescue Endeavor (C.A.R.E.). Upon arrival, officers discovered that both workers had suffered serious injuries from a large dog that was housed in the shelter. The attack apparently occurred as a female worker was trying to take the dog to an exercise area. The dog slipped its head out of the collar it was wearing and began to attack the female worker. Upon hearing the attack, the male worker intervened and was also attacked by the dog. Workers at the nearby Clinton Transfer Station heard the attack and the cries for help.

The transfer station workers and a bystander, 55-year old Clinton resident David Day who was on the scene unloading trash, rushed over to help the victims. They arrived and found the dog was still actively attacking the male worker. The dog had bitten the male worker in the neck and face and would not let go. Using a pistol that he had retrieved from his vehicle, Mr. Day shot the dog twice before it finally released its bite.

Both workers suffered bites to the neck and facial areas and the female worker suffered bites to her lower extremities. The workers were transported to the Golden Valley Memorial Hospital by ambulance for treatment. Mr. Day, who may have very well saved the lives of the workers, was interviewed by police and went on his way as were the transfer station employees who were on the scene.

Reactions: 777Driver and darbo

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good job...
Shot twice before it let go? I think he needs some better defensive rounds.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
This is literally my worst nightmare. As some of you know I run an animal shelter. I fear this scenario every day. You try to take precautions but we have had dogs that were friendly, some had been there for weeks. Then one day they snap. A few years back we had a vicious attack. Of course I carry but I wasn't there. Since then we have one female employee who was already a shooter. She now carries. Everyone else has pepper spray on their belt. Of course shooting a dog attacking a person is a complicated maneuver. You gotta shoot carefully.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Good job...
Shot twice before it let go? I think he needs some better defensive rounds.
Even a small animal in full attack mode is hard to stop then add in the factor that you also have to take shots that will not endanger the attack victim and I would say he did good with his two shots

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Note, this story says NOTHING about the dogs being shot. Bias? Someone shooting a gun
should be BIG news, right?

Dog attacks workers at Clinton Animal Shelter - KMZU : KMZU

Now this one DOES mention the dog being shot.
Dog shot at Clinton Animal Rescue Endeavor after seriously injuring two workers - KMIZ

Someone local needs to contact KMZU and ask why the shooting was not reported.

I just put this on my Facebook page. People NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STORIES LIKE THESE AND THE BIAS IN
THE NEWS REGARDING GUNS.

Story "A" here says nothing about the attacking dog having been shot by a local who had a gun in his car. Story "A" DOES say the intervening workers probably saved the lives of those attacked. Story "B" clearly mentions the dog being shot.
http://www.kmzu.com/dog-attacks-workers-at-clinton-animal-…/
http://www.abc17news.com/…/dog-shot-at-clinton-an…/735818040

KMZU has a contact link on their web site. I just sent this:

Wondering why, in the story about the workers attacked at the Clinton Animal Shelter, there is no mention of a gun used by one of the intervening workers to shoot the dog? Your story does say the intervening workers probably saved the shelter workers lives. SO, a citizen armed with a gun saved a couple lives. You might clarify your story. KMIZ clearly mentions it in their version.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: Desperado

·
Registered
15,216 Posts
Note, this story says NOTHING about the dogs being shot. Bias? Someone shooting a gun
should be BIG news, right?

Dog attacks workers at Clinton Animal Shelter - KMZU : KMZU

Now this one DOES mention the dog being shot.
Dog shot at Clinton Animal Rescue Endeavor after seriously injuring two workers - KMIZ

Someone local needs to contact KMZU and ask why the shooting was not reported.

I just put this on my Facebook page. People NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STORIES LIKE THESE AND THE BIAS IN
THE NEWS REGARDING GUNS.

Story "A" here says nothing about the attacking dog having been shot by a local who had a gun in his car. Story "A" DOES say the intervening workers probably saved the lives of those attacked. Story "B" clearly mentions the dog being shot.
http://www.kmzu.com/dog-attacks-workers-at-clinton-animal-…/
http://www.abc17news.com/…/dog-shot-at-clinton-an…/735818040

KMZU has a contact link on their web site. I just sent this:

Wondering why, in the story about the workers attacked at the Clinton Animal Shelter, there is no mention of a gun used by one of the intervening workers to shoot the dog? Your story does say the intervening workers probably saved the shelter workers lives. SO, a citizen armed with a gun saved a couple lives. You might clarify your story. KMIZ clearly mentions it in their version.

All the Best,
D. White
Might want to re-read the first story again. Here's a quote from it "A worker from the Clinton Transfer Station eventually shot the dog to end the attack."

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Might want to re-read the first story again. Here's a quote from it "A worker from the Clinton Transfer Station eventually shot the dog to end the attack."
Good catch. Now I feel like an idiot, as I should.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: Peacemakr40

·
Registered
15,216 Posts
Good catch. Now I feel like an idiot, as I should.

All the Best,
D. White
Don't sweat it, the font was tiny and unless you were actually looking for it, it was easy to skim right past it without seeing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts