Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to town to pay cable bill, stopped at Salvation Army store, now has "No Concealed Weapons" sign on door.
Won't go there anymore, and sending them a nastygram.
P.S. Their sign does not meet the State requirement for signage.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Went to town to pay cable bill, stopped at Salvation Army store, now has "No Concealed Weapons" sign on door.
Be sure and include that in your message to them.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'd be sure to let them know in no uncertain terms that they have seen the last of me. I'd also let them know that you're spreading the word.

·
Registered
783 Posts
So Open Carry and solve the problem :D

My bad, I see SC is a NO OC state :(

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I say nastygram, but it is worded in a nice way.
This. I can't emphasize how important I think this is.
"Spokesfolks" for our cause need to get on this, and fast. Now, I love Gonzo Ted, but the fact is his "plainspoken" approach is a laughingstock in Liberal Land, and he frankly comes across as a little nutty. Alex Jones, I think (personally) is a nutbag conspiracy theorist, but unfortunately he's on our side on this, but the fact is, the more spittle that flies out of your mouth when you are screaming to get your point across, the more damage is done to a good cause.

Let's play the intelligent game - use our "indoor" voices, acceptable grammar, and some decorum, and just let the facts speak for themselves...

Just Black Text Font Yellow Mode of transport

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
This. I can't emphasize how important I think this is.
"Spokesfolks" for our cause need to get on this, and fast. Now, I love Gonzo Ted, but the fact is his "plainspoken" approach is a laughingstock in Liberal Land, and he frankly comes across as a little nutty. Alex Jones, I think (personally) is a nutbag conspiracy theorist, but unfortunately he's on our side on this, but the fact is, the more spittle that flies out of your mouth when you are screaming to get your point across, the more damage is done to a good cause.

Let's play the intelligent game - use our "indoor" voices, acceptable grammar, and some decorum, and just let the facts speak for themselves...

Just View attachment 44836
You know with the price of ammo going up so fast your comments are worth at least five or 6 cents!! ;)

·
Administrator
42,817 Posts
I wouldnt say a thing and keep carrying. Dont correct them. Let them stay in ignorance which would keep you legal. And they will never know you have a weapon unless you drop it or you have to use it.
True. Correct them, and they may post a state compliant sign.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
In any case, for your sake and the sake of this forum, please do not admit to or advocate performing an illegal act. Just sayn'.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True. Correct them, and they may post a state compliant sign.
They would have to make it.
I have searched everywhere and cannot find a place that sells the compliant sign.
Looks like this:
Logo Font Signage Sign

I have only seen ONE that actually complied (although the slashed circle was black, red is not specified) on the entrance to the County Electric Cooperative.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
And the rest of the news, we have a store here "Tuesday Morning" that has had a No Guns Allowed on the door. It has been no hair off my rear as I don't shop there, my wife does. Well she wanted a bird bath from there. I put my carry in my car and was on my way into the store and noticed; the sign was gone. I checked the windows and no sign. Went back to the car, put my carry in it's home beside me and when and got the bird bath. I said, "Thank you" as I left and the girl said your welcome. Bet she didn't know why I said it.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
It's a shame. The SA was one of the few charities I actually trusted to do the right thing. First Wounded Warrior, Now Salvation Army. Sad.

Reactions: 24/7 compact

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked the SA website to see if there was an email to send a message, no, just for website, not organization.
Only snail mail address, and I'm not going to bother to write and ask if it is corporate policy or just the local thrift shop.
Just won't go there anymore.

·
Banned
405 Posts
In Texas, if the sign is not precisely correct, in terms of wording and font, it has no legal effect.
+1 to this...the signage has to be EXACT to the statute (30.06 PC). Amusingly, the building I work in, which is very high end office space in Uptown Dallas simply has a sign that says "No Firearms" and that's it, even though there is a retail bank branch on the first floor and is home to the offices of more than a couple firms (investment banks) that aren't exactly the most popular in the public eye lately.

·
Administrator
36,602 Posts
They would have to make it.
I have searched everywhere and cannot find a place that sells the compliant sign.
Looks like this:
View attachment 44855

I have only seen ONE that actually complied (although the slashed circle was black, red is not specified) on the entrance to the County Electric Cooperative.
Geez - Texas makes that sign look like kindergarten. :D

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
TD, you're right, no legal standing. But the majority of places that post "No Guns" want my money. When they post those signs, it tells me that they don't want my "kind". Well, there's plenty of other places that don't mind what I carry as long as I have my wallet with me.
I don't like to go where I'm not wanted.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.