Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in to get CCI primers for the Berry's bullets I'm ordering, they halved the shelf space for them and for powder.
Only got 200 of CCI and had to get 400 Remington.
Bullet shelf space has been cut by 1/3.
Accessories also reduced, poor selection of single shell holders (RCBS), maybe 10 choices, no #19 for 9mm.
Lee Auto Primer for $22, but NFG without the shell holder.
Lee Shell Holder kit was there, but I don't need 11 different calibers, just 9mm.

I guess it's mail order from now on, except for primers and powder.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Could it be that they are not selling? Maybe they can still get what you want, but don't want to carry a bunch of stuff in stock....

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
My sources are local LGSs. Pricing is better than Bass Pro, anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
In my neck of the woods over the last decade I've noticed a marked reduction in reloading supplies overall in all the shops.

I can only attribute it to "internet sales" which have sky rocketed during the same time period.

·
Registered
339 Posts
if it's the hand held primer tool you are looking at, i beleive it comes with the shell holder set.

i also do not buy powder or primers through the mail because the haz-mat fees kill all the savings.

·
Super Moderator
40,407 Posts
To make it worth the money to order primers and powder on line you need to order in bulk. I personally don't want to order 10,000+ primers at a time. I can get Winchester primers for $30/1000 no tax no shipping at the local gun shows. For me that is the best route to go. Powder I get 4 pounds at a time when needed.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
The only thing I don't buy over the internet is black powder due to the extra shipping costs for it. The rest however is actually cheaper that most local stores for buying reloading supplies. Black Powder or substitues I can get locally without much problem really though I have enough on hand now to reload about 4000 45 Colt rounds.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
In my area, their prices are generally higher than what my LGS sells reloading supplies for.

I usually don’t buy much of anything there unless it’s on sale.

Their overhead must be a killer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have only been th a Bass PS once. I was not impressed with the prices. And, this location did NOT carry primers. Everything else, but nothing to set it off with.

Paul

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
$26/1000 for CCI 500 is a great price, but what about the HazMat fee?
actually powder valley has CCI primers for 24.00 per thousand!
as for the haz mat fee then pick up some powder while you are at it and save money on that as well.
powder is like 12-14 bucks a pound!
I think (and you need to check) but the one time haz mat fee is good for 49 pounds of material?
and depending on wher eyou live , no sales tax on the internet orders!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll check it out, I have Powder Valley bookmarked.
As for now I have 600 primers, CCI and Remington.
I bought a box of 100 124gr XTP just to load something today.
Going to order 500 124gr HP from Berry's.
900 empty cases left to load.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I went to Gander Mt. awhile back looking for powder and primers. They had remodeled the store so I asked a young kid working there, "where do you guys have powder and primers?". To which he replied, "we don't carry that stuff anymore. Nobody reloads." So I walked out and don't know if I'll go back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts