Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I'm looking for a source of 10 round magazines for a PT909 9mm that originally came with two hi-cap (17 rnd) mags.

My Marine son has been transferred to California (when he's not in Iraq), and while he can carry an automatic M16A2, 240G, or 50calMG for his country, his state of residence doesn't trust him to own a 17 round pistol magazine.

Nobody seems to stock the OEM 10-round magazine, but I know Taurus made them at one point.

Anyone have any ideas? I've heard PT92/99 mags might work in the 909, but I'd like some confirmation before I go out and buy one to experiment with. This is a double-stack 9mm.

Thanks,

Proud Marine Dad

·
32,706 Posts
Giving Taurus a call might be the best course since they had those in the 2006 catalog and there was a number part or catalog number for them. www.e-gunparts.com or www.brownells.com might have the magazines you seek. Local gunshops should have catalogs or info of their own to order these. I believe the Tarus USA site has a place to ask about or order parts. If wrong someone please correct me, but I thought I saw that at the Taurus USA site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did just that and Taurus USA can get them - they're on backorder - for the steep price of $48 each.

Since I'm stuck and there's not an alternative supplier, I went ahead and ordered two.

All this so some liberal legislator can tell his constituents he's tough on crime by limiting the number of rounds law abiding citizens can carry in any one magazine. I'm sure the scumbag home invader/burglars in California willingly abide by this rule too.

Un-stinkin-believable. Oh well, its the cost of being legal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts