Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did this with my PF9 after watching a few YouTube videos on it and thought I'd give the Judge a try with it. Turned out well I think. I tried to get it to work with the Taurus symbol but just couldn't get it just right. Anyhow, Here are a few pics of the filled in lettering on a Poly PD.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
Lookin good Billy Ray :)

Reactions: shoopdawhoop

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to finally get the logo at least partially filled in but it was not easy and I'm not sure if it will stay. The logo is engraved sort of shallow and the crayon keeps rubbing out. I think I may try some testors or some other kind of paint.

Reactions: Falstaff

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's really "BOSS"!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks custom. What kind of crayon grade did you use?
Just some cheap dollar store crayons the kids had in their box. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really...!?! Cool.

Thanks for the reply.
I usually do my color fill with regular fingernail polish! Its more permanent than the crayon so if you want to change it alot then obviously crayon is best otherwise the methods are similar.you dab on the fingernail polish and once fully dry lightly rub with non acetone fingernail polish remover and be very light as with big letters it comes out easy.im litteraly doing this as im typing this so ill share what i have done

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is how I did my PT111G2 a couple of weeks ago - found a $0.15 bottle of fluorescent highlighter green fingernail polish at the store & did my letter fill that way. Two weeks or so isn't much to go on but so far it's been pretty solid, hasn't come off/out.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hobby paint, gun solvent, q-tips, and toothpicks.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Just did this with my PF9 after watching a few YouTube videos on it and thought I'd give the Judge a try with it. Turned out well I think. I tried to get it to work with the Taurus symbol but just couldn't get it just right. Anyhow, Here are a few pics of the filled in lettering
You know, I often don't like that type of letter highlighting, but that really looks awesome! It makes the gun look better, in part because you did such nice work.

But now...it looks too nice too shoot! :D Just kidding, no gun is too nice to shoot. Have fun.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd like to try this on some blackened golf clubs that I own (sand wedges). What tips can you give me? Type of paint? Brushes? Removing the excess? Solvent?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts