Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just checking to see if this makers sense. About 4 weeks ago my PT111G2 had 3 lite strikes on Winchester NATO loads, 124gr fmj. The week after that it had a lite strike on my SD load Federal 124gr JHP HSP. This Saturday, March 24th, my PT111 G2 did not fire two Winchester 115gr FMJ (white box) and one Remington 115gr JHP. So, at the end of the day I fired two magazines of my SD Federal 124gr HST JHP and no issues. Took it back today and fired my usual range load, Federal 115gr FMJ, about 40 rounds, no problems. The firing pin and firing pin chamber is clean and clear. I have about 700 rds through this gun. I am going to say it is the ammo.

However, what is the fix for lite strikes?

Thank you

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I had lite strikes on a few different brands and after a while it became all. Had to send it in. They adjusted some stuff and sent it back. It works well now. I couldn't remove the striker assembly so I had to send it in, I don't think they even messed with it.
YouTube has a video on how to remove the assembly and you could clean and inspect it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had lite strikes on a few different brands and after a while it became all. Had to send it in. They adjusted some stuff and sent it back. It works well now. I couldn't remove the striker assembly so I had to send it in, I don't think they even messed with it.
YouTube has a video on how to remove the assembly and you could clean and inspect it.
Thanks, Chicagotrauma. I can get the firing pin out of this gun just fine and the pin and channel are clean. If the striker assembly is just the firing pin then I think I could buy another firing pin or take the one out of my extra PT111 G2.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
The NATO rounds have hard primers.. White box is sometimes sketchy also.. Keep shooting and avoid the stuff the gun does not like to eat... My personal choice is Speer Lawman, 124 TMJ & JHP. Extremely clean, never had an issue in any of my 9mms.

Reactions: vboy36

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The NATO rounds have hard primers.. White box is sometimes sketchy also.. Keep shooting and avoid the stuff the gun does not like to eat... My personal choice is Speer Lawman, 124 TMJ & JHP. Extremely clean, never had an issue in any of my 9mms.
Ok, bobbojama, will do. That's the plan.

Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do you have any mushrooming on either end of the striker?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm going with the hard primer theory.

Not sure if anyone makes a heavier striker spring.....but that might be an option.

Reactions: vboy36

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have found that Federal has the lightest primers then Remington

The PT111 Mill G2 factory striker spring is 4 1/2lbs --- Glock springs fit

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all.

Update. Took the PT111 G2 to the range today and fired 30 rd of SD load Federal 124gr HST JHP and 50 rds of Federal 115gr fmj, my usual range load, and all is well. Fired great. No worries.

Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts