Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has actually bought fiber optic sights for their PT145 MillPro post a link for where you got them?

I've heard that some fiber optic and/or night sights listed for the PT145 might or might not actually fit and would like to get link to a sight where someone actually has bought them and know they fit.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
There have been several lengthy threads about the sights on the PT145MilPro:

Pistol Fire Sight Sets by WILLIAMS Gun Sight Company, Inc.

Th earlier PT145 series has the screw on sight; the later models have dovetails.

Look at Post #109
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/millennium-pro-pistols/58922-academy-pt640-deal-3.html

I ended up using the Williams adjustable REAR sight and a HiViz front sight (from MidwayUSA).

Originally the Williams adjustable SET had a very high front sight, BUT in more recent posts here on other threads, several said that their Williams adjustable set had the LOWER height front sight.

Bumper Auto part

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

Williams adjustable rear and HiViz front

Yellow Knife

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've had Williams Fire Sights, HiViz fiber optics, and Wilson Combat Snag Free tritium on my PT145. They all fit, but the HiViz and the Wilsons require some minor fitting as they're friction fit sights. The Wilsons hold up to punishment better - I shot the light tubes out of my rear Fire Sight and had to replace them. And in real dark conditions they don't do much. Additionally the Williams sights are made out of aluminum, while the HiViz and the Wilsons are made out of steel.

If you buy the Wilsons, you'll need to know what height sights you need. The Wilsons are actually made for 1911's, and they're made to accommodate the rounded slide on 1911's. What that means when you put them on a flat top slide is you'll have a gap that's .020" underneath the sights. It's not a big deal, and barely noticeable, and doesn't affect functionality at all. Personally I think the best way to do it is to leave the stock rear in place, and install a .170" Wilson on the front. With tritium you'll have some limited night sight capability, and really the only thing you need to be able to see for SD is the front sight. And it's usually the front sight that people have trouble seeing anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank You kind Sir. So glad I found this thread. I was getting ready to waste $$ on fire-sights. A lower front sight will surely solve the problem.
**Peace**:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts