Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on the Brazilian Taurus site. It looks like a 9mm version of the TX22.

Pistola TS9 - Pistolas - Taurus Armas

Specs:

9mm, striker fired, 17+1 capacity, 4" barrel, 7.4" x 5.8 tall, 1.3" thick, 29.1 oz, 3 magazines incl., pic rail, changeable backstraps

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good looking pistol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That does look similar to the TX.

I don't own any 9s. If I'm just target shooting or plinking a .22 is just fine. No reason to shoot 9 for that. When I carry, it's a .45.

My son has a 9mm SIG, and it's fine, but it just doesn't serve a purpose for me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That does look similar to the TX.

I don't own any 9s. If I'm just target shooting or plinking a .22 is just fine. No reason to shoot 9 for that. When I carry, it's a .45.

My son has a 9mm SIG, and it's fine, but it just doesn't serve a purpose for me.

When the TX22 was announced, I saw people on other forums and on Youtube commenting on how it would be awesome if Taurus stepped up their design game and started putting out wholly redesigned pistols in duty calibers that are: made in the USA; rival their more expensive competitors in design and quality; and are affordable and reliable. Personally, I'd even be okay with pistols designed in the USA for the US market, but made in Brazil to keep the production costs down.

It can be done, just look at the Springfield XD line, right? Those are made in Croatia and when introduced to the US market by HS Produkt as the HS2000, they were low-cost, full-sized duty pistols with excellent construction and quality. It was only when Springfield bought out the rights to sell them in the USA that they raised the price by double and people started taking notice.

Taurus could forever move away from their reputation as being a cheap gun manufacturer with questionable quality control and customer service in to becoming a well respected brand. It started with the popular PT111-G2/G2C series and it can be done.

·
Administrator
18,203 Posts
Very Interesting!:cool: Sort of reminds me of my Steyr L9A1,

Steyr L9A1

Reactions: pradeep1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts