Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Taurus 627 (.357 magnum) that my wife loves to shoot, but we want to make the trigger pull on the double action lighter. Is it possible to do this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent question bat, wish I had the answer. I have an 85 Ultralite (.38) and would like a lighter trigger. Hope you (we) gan get some good info.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The only thing that I can suggest it to fire it, alot. Try to wear out a set of snap-caps with the thing. My M85 has settled in nicely but I don't know how long it took, a few hundred rounds at the minimum.

What I've heard suggested (if the family will allow it) is to have the unloaded (double and then triple checked to be very sure) gun with you while watching TV. When a commercial comes on, "shoot it". Empty the proverbial cylinder of the thing. Its an easy/cheap way to practice. And you can work on your sight alignment at the same time. Just remember to check (yes, this would be the FOURTH TIME) that there is no ammo around. Unless one of you really doesn't like the TV and there is nothing downrange for a long ways that might care if it gets a hole in it.

Steelheart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts