Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought this gun, i have not shot it yet. i put a fired .22lr in and dropped the hammer the imprint is very light. i tried a cb long and a cb neither one fired. i don't think it will fire with a magnum in it. i will not get a chance to try it until saturday, this is a brand new gun. anyone else have a problem with this model?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Don't judge... the .22 and .22 mag are not meant to be interchangeable. Had the .22 fired, you would probably have found the case to be sticky on removal.

·
32,808 Posts
One can have the case split open and make extraction very hard if not near impossible. If the case ruptures completely or just right the hot gasses can cause damage to the gun and user, so don't use a 22 rimfire long rifle or smaller round in the .22 rimfire magnum chamber.

As stated already, only 22 rimfire magnum cases and rounds should be chambered in that revolver. The other 22 rimfires can be used in only the model 94 and yours is a 941.It is no wonder you have light strikes on the primers. There is too much space for the regular rimfires to move around in the cylinder. If a rimfire .22lrf round does go off you will have troubles. This is a major safety problem as well as wrong ammo usage type.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shot the 941 today with cci mag , no problems. very pleasent to shoot and fair accuracy for short barrell. I LIKE. my 9422 is very accurate, i am very happy with both and would reccomend both

·
32,808 Posts
Nice looking revolvers and it looks like you take very good care of them. I like the .22rfm. Nice cartridge. More muzzle energy than a .22lrf. Whether in a rifle or revolver. Longer ranging for varmints and critters and better , only a little, than the 22lrf. for defense. 50 grainers would penetrate further than the 40 grain bullets. Actually had people think I was shooting a .357mag when at the range with an H&R 605 with a six inch barrel a while back. Saving up for a 941. Want it with the 5 inch barrel. Splits the difference between the 4 and 6 inch barreled .22 mag guns in velocity and portability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts