Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody getting any light strikes with their reloads using the 24/7 Pro 45. I just went to the range and out of 200 rounds had about 6 no fires. Have been using winchester and cci primers.

Administrator
My Ruger doesn't like CCI. Quit usin' 'em, and no more light strikes. :yipee:

Administrator
My 24/7 Pro 45 has blown through (no pun intended) about 300 rounds of CCI Blazer ammo, both alum and brass case - no problems. But I haven't had any dud rounds yet either......

Registered
I had a light strike/tough primer with my PT 1911. The ammo was Winchester white box. I was told that Winchester's primers can be harder/tougher than others. The shell shot on the second try.

Premium Member
You know I think this discussion was on the reloads, and CCI, and Winchester primers used in those loads. I have heard in other threads somewhere that sometimes that can be a problem, not necessarily the gun.

Super Moderator
If it's reloads, be sure the primer is seated all the way to the bottom of the pocket. Yes, CCI is the hardest primers out there. I've switched to Winchester, myself. I had a Rossi 971 that didn't like CCI. All my guns now are fine with 'em, just stuck with Winchester.

Super Moderator
Funny thing, that Rossi would work fine with CCI factory ammo, just would light strike my reloads and I was diligent about seating the primers. Go figure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
when I had the light strikes i thought I noticed that maybe the primers were not seated all the way.
Have been reloading 9mm for my P95 for about a year using wolf primers and have never had any light strikes. Go figure. I have bought winchester and cci primers from my local range but I will probably pick up some wolf large pistol primers from powder valley as I am due for a new powder and primer order. I am going to pick up a box of factory ammo to see how they work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Went back to the range today after checking my reloads, noticed 3 that the primers were not flush, so I reseated them. I had no missfires this trip in 200 rounds. Hopefully it was my fault not the guns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts