Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my PT145 back from Taurus and I took it to the range to test it out. I fired some factory reloads, some WWB and some Blazer Brass. I got way too many light strikes on the reloads and WWB...none on the Blazer.

I've heard that WWB is known for hard primers and light strikes and although I haven't had any problem w/ fatory reloads in my Glock, I know not to trust them too much. I had the gun in for FTFeed issues; the repair included a new slide, which of course would have been a new firing pin assembly.

Anyone want to guess if the problem is the ammo or the gun? I like to think that my gun will fire anything, but if I can only shoot a certan type of ammo, I might be able to live w/ that.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Did you break it down and clean it real good? Taurus is known for packing a ton of grease in the gun for shipping, if there is some left over gunk in the fire pin channel it will slow the firing pin down enough to give you a light strike now and again.

·
Administrator
39,933 Posts
WWB is dirty. My buddy's wife can fire just about 100 rounds, then the light strikes start. (PT111 1st gen). Good cleaning and she's up and running again. She used blazer aluminum case today, about 200 rounds. Ran smooth. She's a happy camper. :clap:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I have found that my PT145 prefers 185 gr bullets rather than 230's. You might wish to try switching ammo after cleaning the gun.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My new PT111 had 6 light strikes out of 100, less than 100 really, I shot 100 total today. Started about round #15 of Wal-Mart Winchester. They all did fire on the second strike though. And it was very clean, I made sure of that!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Take apart the slide assembly (striker, etc.) and give it a good clean and put it back together. This should solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
kashdaddy said:
Take apart the slide assembly (striker, etc.) and give it a good clean and put it back together. This should solve the problem.
Good info... Light strikes are very common in any firearm from a dirty firing pin assembly. If you can't or don't want to completely tear it down, use gun scrubber and work it repeatedly by hand until if feels better.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
That's good to know, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking apart the slide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts