Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range to day with a clean PT145. Put about 80 rounds through 230 Grain FMJ. Then it started to give me light primer strikes only on DA. Single action when I could get it to it was fine. I put the light struck bullets back in the weapon and on single action they fired. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You should be in SA mod anytime the slide is pulled back, regardless of a shell in the chamber or not. DA mod should only happen after the trigger is pulled on an empty chamber or dud round. So assuming you can't get into SA mod reliably, there is most likely a problem with the firing pin assembly assuming that the trigger is functioning properly. Are you comfortable with disassembling the firing pin assembly in the slide? If not you can atleast check it for movement by removing the slide and manually operating it with your hand. See if it is free, sticky or other signs of wear/malfunction. If there is you can attempt to fix it, clean it or send it in for repair.

This is a common area in nearly all firearms for this type of malfunction. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I did break down the fireing pin assembly. It did have a lot of gunks in it and the pin release assembly (not sure of it's real name, the spring loaded bump mechanism) seemed to be sticking. Cleaned them all and oiled lightly . I will fire it today to qualify for off duty use we will see. As an aside i am of the impresion that the first shot out of my PT145 mill pro is DA am I wrong on that.

·
Administrator
39,479 Posts
I believe you are mistaken. Unless you have a way to decock, which the PT145 doesn't have, you are in single action after each slide rack. If you have a failure to fire it will allow you to try again in double action. So unless it fails to fire you might say it is single action only. :angel:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for setting me straight on that. i took it to the range today to qualify for off duty and it failed 5 out of 6 rounds after only 26 rnds. My range master tookit from me and called a rep at Taurus a friend of his and sent to Taurus attn his friends name. Sohopefully it will work out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts