Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard one way the government is try to do a end around on gun control is try to get the big retailers on their side. I want to write a letter but am have a problem coing up with the word. Has anyone written a letter to the retailers and willing to share the letter with us, so we can just tweak it. If so PLEASE post it.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Bubblehead --- not sure what you mean. I saw a piece last nite on CNN says that gun and ammo manufacturer's AND retailers are very, very happy campers right now. Sales of guns and ammo are through the roof. And everyone loves money!

I'm really not sure what the govt could say to any retailer that would cut down their desire to sell guns. Especially places like Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops. They typically (at least in my part of the state) sell all guns and ammo a tad higher than I could buy them at Academy or my LGD, so for them this is like striking gold.

So, frankly, I'm not sure what the govt could say to make anyone stop selling. Remember that supermarkets and convenience stores are still the biggest outlet for cigarettes, and the govt has never been able to get them to stop.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bubblehead --- not sure what you mean. I saw a piece last nite on CNN says that gun and ammo manufacturer's AND retailers are very, very happy campers right now. Sales of guns and ammo are through the roof. And everyone loves money!

I'm really not sure what the govt could say to any retailer that would cut down their desire to sell guns. Especially places like Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops. They typically (at least in my part of the state) sell all guns and ammo a tad higher than I could buy them at Academy or my LGD, so for them this is like striking gold.

So, frankly, I'm not sure what the govt could say to make anyone stop selling. Remember that supermarkets and convenience stores are still the biggest outlet for cigarettes, and the govt has never been able to get them to stop.
This is story
Crony Gun Control: Obama Leveraging Wal-Mart to End Private Gun Sales

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.