Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the following note from Ryan Bronson of Federal Premium Ammo. This is the first time I can recall this every being done since I've been working with youth shooting programs. This could also have a serious impact on our statewide shooting camp this summer. Yup, obamanation and his ilk are making an impact on our youth alright.

"Dear Youth Shooting Sports program leader:

As many of you have learned by visiting your local retailers, .22LR ammunition has become difficult to find. We continue to crank it out by the millions every day from our Federal and CCI plants, but like 4 years ago the demand is outpacing production capacity. However, with our backorder list being as extensive as it now is we have had to make the decision to suspend the youth discount direct sale program until we can service your orders in a more reasonable time.

Top Gun and Estate shotshells are more available at retailers, but we have an extensive backlog of orders for these products as well and we also are suspending the youth discount direct sale program as well.

We cannot provide an estimate of how long this program will be suspended.

We are also suspending donations of ammo to 4H leader training, Boy Scout Camp Schools, and other traditional adult training programs that we have supported.

We hope to get shotshells orders that are already on the books out in time for April seasons. If you have an existing order, please be patient and know that we will fill it as soon as we can. Calling our customer service office won’t speed things along any more.

Ryan Bronson
Conservation Programs
Federal Premium Ammunition
ATK Sporting
763-323-3827 (o)
763-323-2506 (fax)
900 Ehlen Drive
Anoka, MN 55303
[email protected]
@BronsonRyan on Twitter
Follow us on:
Federal Premium: Facebook | YouTube
BLACKHAWK!: Facebook | YouTube
Weaver Optics: Facebook
HUNTERS FOR CONSERVATION ®"

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
that stinks, hope it changes for the better in the future.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
"millions every day"?
Where the H is it going?
I can't find it.
Not WW, not LGS, not online.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
A million rounds is 2000 bricks. That's probably less than a pallet. I

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Oof!
I did a rough calculation.
"Millions a day". OK, say 2 millions rounds X 7 days divided by 325 round bulk packs is 43,077 boxes.
If they only supply WW and all the stores sell ammo (4253 of them) each store gets 10 boxes a week.
That would be Federal only making Target Grade Ammo.
Spread pretty thin.
And if only HALF the WW stores sell ammo, then 20 boxes a week.
Can anybody say "Gone in 60 Seconds"?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Last time around ( 2008 ) I could always find .22 , it was all the centerfire rounds that were hard to come by. Big run on .22 this time around ?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Probably because .22 rifles are all that's left to buy. (As long as it's not a "evil black rifle")
Other than the occasional hunting caliber rifle.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There are people hoarding and reselling at 5x retail on Craigslist and other online classified sites. I'm not in favor of any more new laws but I'll bet there are some existing ones being broken. I responded to one guy who claimed to have had "thousands" to sell but did not get a reply back yet. I'm down to about 500 rounds for my winter bullseye league, guess I can't practice much.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
On another note, my club is supposed to host an Appleseeds shooting event this summer and we were hoping to supply the .22 ammo through Federal. I guess that will go down as a "NO". What a damn shame.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Many more people are talking about shooting 22 for econical fun and to KEEP shooting. There is definately more talk of barrel swaps etc. this time around. The last "event" is still close enough in years and memory for people to prep ant prepare in advance.

I made 2 decided moves. I, like many bought a semi auto 22 rifle (pistols too) AND I immediately started stockind reloading supplies at a much higher rate. Money was tight but I moved as much to reloading supplies and added 22lr to my buying habits to be as well set up as possible. I REALLY drilled down on 223 fearing the worst and did everything to guarantee that I could continue my competition schedule as possible.

HD/SD is my smallest concern though I buy fairly vigorously considering SHTF scenarios. My 22 is becoming a self contained "survival" rifle. My stockpile from 4 years ago is still fairly strong (manufactured ammo ) and it is growing from my stock of reloads and finds of the rounds that I do not reload. That's 3. 22lr, 7.62x39 & 12gauge (so far no problem).

And so it goes...J

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
There are people hoarding and reselling at 5x retail on Craigslist and other online classified sites. I'm not in favor of any more new laws but I'll bet there are some existing ones being broken. I responded to one guy who claimed to have had "thousands" to sell but did not get a reply back yet. I'm down to about 500 rounds for my winter bullseye league, guess I can't practice much.
Selling ammunition on Craig's List is against their rules. FLAG THEM. These people who blatantly break rules make all shooters look bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts