Taurus Firearm Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
No can help, I am a 10 MM junkie myself and I haven't seen a 45 auto rim case or ammo in years now.
interestingly I am seeing 300 BO cases left laying in the range floor, didn't pick them up but thought about it.
olfarhors I have a offer you can't refuse, I will trade you some of your favorite 45GAP for either 10mm or 38 super.

·
Registered
36,101 Posts

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
If they are official 300BLK brass and not converts, there'd definitely be interest here...from me also...unfortunately, about the only thing I have to trade currently is some .223 brass, of which I have copious quantities, and about 60 pieces of 44 Magnum brass that I don't have a gun for (yet...).
yep--factory once fired 300 BO cases. I looked out of curiosity as it was unusual to see the stuff.
my weirdest caliber to find laying was Desert Eagle 50 AE cases, the guy shooting it was a lane or two over and I knew it was loud.
the ejected case landed right at my feet when I was sitting in a chaii behind the firing line resting.
I picked it up ,looked at it and said why man you don't save this stuff?
he said no and it took me like 3 months to find it to order it and it was about 3 bucks per round.
I thought weeeeelllll maybe I should, but then I don't know anyone who shoots the caliber or reloads so I left it laying and he swept it down range after he was through.
he and his lady friends shot I guess 60-80 rounds between them.

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
olfarhors I have a offer you can't refuse, I will trade you some of your favorite 45GAP for either 10mm or 38 super.
Great deal buddy!
tell ya what I am going to run out and buy a Glock in 45 GAP and then I will get back to you about the swap!!!-----

Attachments

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
36,101 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
yep--factory once fired 300 BO cases. I looked out of curiosity as it was unusual to see the stuff.
my weirdest caliber to find laying was Desert Eagle 50 AE cases, the guy shooting it was a lane or two over and I knew it was loud.
the ejected case landed right at my feet when I was sitting in a chaii behind the firing line resting.
I picked it up ,looked at it and said why man you don't save this stuff?
he said no and it took me like 3 months to find it to order it and it was about 3 bucks per round.
I thought weeeeelllll maybe I should, but then I don't know anyone who shoots the caliber or reloads so I left it laying and he swept it down range after he was through.
he and his lady friends shot I guess 60-80 rounds between them.
I keep any brass I find, you never know when it might come into play in a barter situation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
I have brass. I'm just waiting for a better exchange/barter rate for 9mm. I have about 5,000 9mm wet tumbled and deprimed bagged up in sets of 500 waiting.

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
I keep any brass I find, you never know when it might come into play in a barter situation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MY GOD!
I would only have one room to actually live in if I picked up all the brass I see laying.

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
MY GOD!
I would only have one room to actually live in if I picked up all the brass I see laying.
When I do a range trip, about half the brass I pick up is too damaged to reload(run over, hard ejection, stomped on, etc.). I put hat in a 5 gal bucket in my shop. When the bucket is about 3/4 to completely full, off to the scrapper it goes. I average around 80-100lbs per trip at $1.25/lb. That cash goes straight to mags, ammo, or reloading supplies.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
380 auto
38 super
45 colt
300 blackout.
Do you have a ton of .223 brass? If so, grab a small cheap cut-off saw and a cheap jig. Costs about $30 for the saw and jig. If you have RCBS or even Hornady dies, then forming the brass is dirt simple. I think I wasted maybe three shells before I got the settings just right.

Key thing here is to use absolutely no imported brass casings (Wolf, Prvi Partisan, and such) and if possible, use Lake City exclusively - it's the case wall thickness that's the problem. Took me just a few hours to knock out 1000. If you get the cutoff just right, very little trimming will be necessary after resizing the brass (this is a wee bit tricky and cost me two of the three pieces of brass that I killed)

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
And the problem is...? ;-)

well I can sleep on the toilet but I really, really don't want to have my fridge in the bathroom and have to drink beer while in there, other than that no real problem.
dusting, vacumming would be a snap!

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
When I do a range trip, about half the brass I pick up is too damaged to reload(run over, hard ejection, stomped on, etc.). I put hat in a 5 gal bucket in my shop. When the bucket is about 3/4 to completely full, off to the scrapper it goes. I average around 80-100lbs per trip at $1.25/lb. That cash goes straight to mags, ammo, or reloading supplies.
WOW--you westerners are hard on brass, I seldom need to cull any as most is once fired.
most culls are two hole primers and /or steel cases.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
Do you have a ton of .223 brass? If so, grab a small cheap cut-off saw and a cheap jig. Costs about $30 for the saw and jig. If you have RCBS or even Hornady dies, then forming the brass is dirt simple. I think I wasted maybe three shells before I got the settings just right.

Key thing here is to use absolutely no imported brass casings (Wolf, Prvi Partisan, and such) and if possible, use Lake City exclusively - it's the case wall thickness that's the problem. Took me just a few hours to knock out 1000. If you get the cutoff just right, very little trimming will be necessary after resizing the brass (this is a wee bit tricky and cost me two of the three pieces of brass that I killed)
I've got maybe 1000-1200 pieces of 223 brass and I have been looking at the cut off jig and saw. Everything I'm seeing is saying the RCBS Full sized die is the way to go. I've got maybe 125 rounds of 300 blkout ammo as it stands right now as the rifle hasn't even been completely finished. I still need to sand and polish the diamonds on the barrel (wife's AR and she wants it pretty). I've ladder loaded a couple of different bullets which accounts for the 25 over the hundred count.

·
Super Moderator
35,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I've got maybe 1000-1200 pieces of 223 brass and I have been looking at the cut off jig and saw. Everything I'm seeing is saying the RCBS Full sized die is the way to go. I've got maybe 125 rounds of 300 blkout ammo as it stands right now as the rifle hasn't even been completely finished. I still need to sand and polish the diamonds on the barrel (wife's AR and she wants it pretty). I've ladder loaded a couple of different bullets which accounts for the 25 over the hundred count.
I've read (and Czechbikr has also confirmed from his experience) that Lee dies work fine, but just in case, I invested in the RCBS small base dies to do my brass forming. If you need .223 brass, check SNS Casting - they have lots of 1700 for $0.04/piece with free shipping. I ordered a few thousand a while back when they had a mean deal on once fired, then went to my local range and found out that the cops had been there recently to practice and picked up a couple thousand more!

Check Ebay for the jig - this is the one I used and it works great.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
I've read (and Czechbikr has also confirmed from his experience) that Lee dies work fine, but just in case, I invested in the RCBS small base dies to do my brass forming. If you need .223 brass, check SNS Casting - they have lots of 1700 for $0.04/piece with free shipping. I ordered a few thousand a while back when they had a mean deal on once fired, then went to my local range and found out that the cops had been there recently to practice and picked up a couple thousand more!

Check Ebay for the jig - this is the one I used and it works great.
If the Lee dies work, I'm all set, I have the set for 300 AAC. brass isn't a problem. my wife has a decent source. That's oddly the same cut off Jig I was looking at. and it's a mini chop saw/cut off saw from HF right?

Reactions: Czechbikr
81 - 100 of 118 Posts