Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey the weather is breaking here in TN and the south lets start posting pics of targets with the gun and a brief dicription like yards ,off the bench , fast fire, on the draw,ect.... It would be nice to see our work. and know what caliber works with whatever gun you own. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
thats a good idea. maybe add what kind of ammo too. we can weed out the cheap stuff that way maybe. touche on the idea buddy.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pic and all the right info +1. I think this will help us all and give us a great visual as to what or guns can do. :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
OK... Here is my first trip out with my PT1911

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Geez, Doc, that 40 cal sure makes pretty holes.....my 45 sometimes looks like it tore through the target, not anything like that.....yours looks like semi-wadcutters or something. I'll post my target from today in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
Geez, Doc, that 40 cal sure makes pretty holes.....my 45 sometimes looks like it tore through the target, not anything like that.....yours looks like semi-wadcutters or something. I'll post my target from today in the next couple of days.
Just the normal WWB ammo from Wally World. It is a plain paper target printed off of my computer. Stapled onto a foam center board stapled on a wood pallet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
I shot a 45 that was also looking like it was tearing through the paper. You might want to have the barrel rifling checked. Something can be wrong with it. Well thats what a gunsmith at the shop told me. The bullet holes were looking more like a knife slashing.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I always thought it was most likely a mild load - that, and the round nose profile of the bullet, I figured could lead to more of a tearing instead of printing a pretty bullet hole like Doc's did. That, and he was using a type or foam or cardboard backing - that probably helps too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is mine.. It was my first time out with my PT-145. Im still not sure how the sites work, seems like I was shooting low/right all day. :???: This was my best target. This was from about 8yds, using Fiocchi FMJ's (230 gr .45)

Jeremy

·
Registered
876 Posts
Taurus24740cal said:
I shot a 45 that was also looking like it was tearing through the paper. You might want to have the barrel rifling checked. Something can be wrong with it. Well thats what a gunsmith at the shop told me. The bullet holes were looking more like a knife slashing.
I've noticed that when I shoot Blazer Brass, the holes are a bit jagged, but when I switch to Gold Dot HP's they look like I used a big hole punch.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hope this doesn't have to be with a Taurus, but will work on getting a pic with one of them as well. This was the 2nd time out with my Springfield XD-40 4". Two hand at 7 yards. Slow fire 20 rounds.
WWB 180 gr FMJ. The first 3 went high, so I adjusted a bit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Took my wife to the range to qualify for her carry permit. Had never live-fired a handgun in her life. After looking pretty comfortable with a 2" snubby, I had her put some rounds down range with an XD .40. She said to bring on the target, so after a dozen practice shots - and the first dozen of her life, she turned in a 235/250 on this progressive target. 50 rounds, 9'/15'/25' and back; timed & untimed fire, timed & untimed reloads, two hands & strong hand. A little spooky for a 40+ year old total newbie. I was proud of her. I think she was just a tad smug, though.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
He's deader than Julius Caesar.......

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Boy, you DO know Ghostbusters.....LOL Just wait - if a Dem is elected in November.....Dogs and cats, living with each other....mass hysteria !!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts