Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a PT 140, I have a Don Humme IWB holster, wanting to see what others use to carry day to day.

Post what you have with pictures

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Don Hume, 710. I will have one for my 357 same model shortly. Wear behind my right hip. Oh that is a 17 rd 24/7 mag in the gun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have an IWB on order from Southern Holsters...should be coming in shortly and I will report out on it. After all is said and done, however, I think I am a OWB kind of guy. The below High Noon (side-guard) is probably the most comfortable holster I own:

Guess I'm fortunate living in the northwest...a bit cooler climate than some have and one can wear jackets/vests almost 2/3rd of the year.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Here are the 2 for my 24/7.
how do you like that fobus? is it sturdy construction? there is some discussion that fobus paddle holsters (or perhaps fobus in general) is junk i like my evolution series belt holster for my 92 but how do the paddles hold up?

they only make paddle holster for the milpro im not to fond of paddles anyway but was wondering how you liked yours.

EDIT: my mistake it looks like there is a fobus belt version for milpros

SP11B (paddle) SP11BH (belt)

it's not listed on their compatibility chart but it is on their websites holster search, it's only marked for HK p2k and SA-XD's, but comes up under taurus searches, other websites say it fits millpro's

confusing :???:

·
Administrator
40,684 Posts
This one. DeSantis Cozy Partner. :thumb:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like that holster! What is it?

And I'm assuming ( newbie that I am) that's the "Hogue" is it? grip?
Looks like that might be comfortable too..
Might even improve my shooting? Along with tons more practice!?

Tim

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
there are a few manufactures making these types of sleeve/grips.

it does indeed look like a Hogue HandAll.

they come in different sizes more or less just a rubber sleep you slip over your grip.
they do help and are usually like 10 bucks or less so it's a nice little enhancement.

P.S it's not pretty but you can also use a bicycle inter tube, cut it to size and slip it on, it's not as nice but it's a way to go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The holster is a Bianchi model 100 size 11 holster that I soaked in hot water and formed to the PT140. Yes the grip is the Hogue handall Jr. model. The rig works well for every day carry for me. The one thing I liked about the holster is it goes between the gun and me, no knocking the safety off on accident.

·
Registered
59 Posts
dawgfvr - I have an IWB from Highnoon (I'll post pics friday hopefully) for my mil pro pt140 and LOVE it! Not only that, but I called highnoon, way after hours their time, expecting I'd get a phone call in a couple of days...well, my phone rang 7pm my time, it was them...top notch customer service! I think I might look into the one you've got. looks sweet! Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Timinator said:
Here is my PT140.

sweet looking holster, love the way it has the pad along the backside of it.

just ordered one from cheaperthandirt.com, thanks dude

and it was cheaper than the one I have already . . . . woo hoo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't have time to put up pics right now, but I have several HighNoon IWB holsters and for the money they serve quite well. I like the thin models (glove leather) and I know they will wear quicker but I've still not worn one out in about a year and a half of regular everyday carry, and they are comfortable.

I also own the Bianchi pictured above, it is a very substantial holster and I like it but honestly the retention feels tighter with the highnoon model, though reholstering is a chore.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Timinator said:
The holster is a Bianchi model 100 size 11 holster that I soaked in hot water and formed to the PT140. Yes the grip is the Hogue handall Jr. model. The rig works well for every day carry for me. The one thing I liked about the holster is it goes between the gun and me, no knocking the safety off on accident.
I like it! The Bianchi website shows the Model 10a for the PT111/140/145 - Probably not much different than your Model 11?
Looks like a nice, simple, no frills holster.
Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, The 10A was not available locally so I talked them into letting me use a demo PT140 from the wall to test fit the models they had on hand(9,10 and 11) and the 11 was the best fit. Also like I mentioned I did mold it a bit. I soaked the holster in hot water holstered my PT140 I had wrapped in plastic wrap. I tossed this in the couch and sat on it to watch a movie. When the movie was done I began to work all of the edges and contours with my thumbs. When dry I had what you see.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
joe sixpack said:
how do you like that fobus? is it sturdy construction? there is some discussion that fobus paddle holsters (or perhaps fobus in general) is junk i like my evolution series belt holster for my 92 but how do the paddles hold up?
I have a model RU97. It's meant for the Ruger line but my 24/7 fits nicely in it. I don't wear this one very often because it puts the grip of the gun way out there. It just screams "I have a gun under this shirt". So it only gets used at the range and while hunting. As for the longevity of the paddles, I'm not a good one to ask as I don't use this much.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.