Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Hey Kansas_Plainsman, that was one of my very favorite shows, "Hill Street Blues."
Michael Conrad, who played Sgt. Phillip Freemason Esterhaus used to always say that
at the end of the briefing for the shift! And, I especially liked the theme song, too!

I even have the sheet music for the HSB theme, which I learned to play on the piano.
I really cannot think of any 'friendly warning lines' offhand. But, it's good to know that
someone else out there was into HSB. I bet after I finish posting this reply, that I'll
come up with another 'friendly warning line'! ;D :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Dave said:
Leave the gun, take the Cannolis -- The Godfather
That same quote was repeated by Tom Hanks in "You've Got Mail" Love that line...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Okay, kind of a long quote, but here goes:

Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can. How do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

-Firefly

Great show.

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens."

Wyatt Earp to Johnny Tyler in the movie Tombstone.

·
Super Moderator
35,012 Posts
To being called a bastard, Lee Marvin replys....

"In my case, it was an accident of birth; but, you, sir, are a self made man."

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
NativeTexan said:
To being called a bastard, Lee Marvin replys....

"In my case, it was an accident of birth; but, you, sir, are a self made man."
Excellent!
Goin' to memorize that one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Say the word Major, it's a damn fine night to die Sir!

Benny Ray Riddle, Soldier of Fortune Inc, "Hired Guns"

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun"

Ash, Army of Darkness

·
Registered
86 Posts
"Fill your hand ,you son of a bit**"-John Wayne(Rio-something)
"Hell of thing,killin' a man.You take away all he'sgot and all he's ever gonna be"-Unforgiven

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
eeny... meeny... miny...... HEY MOE!

Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon 2

I love it when he goes down the elevator and runs into that women, she asks him what he was doing in her boses office, he says

"You know just shootin the breeze.....shottin some fish"

·
Registered
123 Posts
Smokewagon said:
"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens."

Wyatt Earp to Johnny Tyler in the movie Tombstone.
oh man ++1 on that one.

my favorite though is, "I'm your huckleberry."

I have to rewind the movie no less than twice every time he says that. I love that holster rig he's got too.

·
Super Moderator
35,012 Posts
Couple of more I thought of. Young guns two is on now...

Billy, after shooting the deputy with his shotgun loaded with dimes..

"Best dollar eighty I ever spent!"

Then there was this one from Lonesome Dove after kickin' a guy's butt who was beatin' on his boy...

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call

·
32,495 Posts
This one is so bad , it is good for a laugh. In the movie "Home Alone" the kid that's stranded over Christmas by his self is playing a video of an actual B movie that is one of the worst gangster flicks ever made.

The Boss of bosses is holding a Auto- Ordnance Thompson sub machine gun on a hood and telling the hood he's going to get paid, but the quote is: " I gonna give you to the count of ten to get your dirty,filthy,stinking carcass off my property". He counts, " One,two,ten", and starts hosing the other guy. There's a one hundred round count drum on the Thompson. The bad guy on receiving all the lead is not shown, but the Boss is laughing hysterically while he empties most of the drum's ammo into the bad guy. After the Boss is done shooting, you hear him say, "Keep the change you filthy animal".

That would be a good line for our guys in Iraq before and after "dealing with the insurgents". ;D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gunny Highway:: "Be advised that I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round through a flea's ass at 200 meters so why don't you go hump somebody else's leg muttface before I push yours in."

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley (Sam Elliot), "We Were Soldiers."
"Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!"

Sgt. Bob Barnes (Tom Berenger), "Platoon."
"Everybody gotta die sometime, Red."

1 - 20 of 40 Posts