Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Robby said:
You know did they remove the section about bombs being part of the CCDW reading. I about split a gut when I read what was allowed to be carried.
Yeah. I was pretty ticked off about that one. Now I've got this really nice vest made out of C4 and det cord and can't wear it anywhere. :mad:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The one I have here in Arkansas is just on blue paper that they suggest you laminate. The newer ones now have the same picture as your drivers licenses.

·
Administrator
40,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I forgot about all those Al Qweeduh criters bein' in season. :shooter:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Up here in North Nosebleed New Hampshire, the CCW license is literally a smallish piece of paper, no phot, no lamination, handwritten on a blank form and folded up and stashed in a wallet. It's a Shall Issue State. I love my State.

Live Free or Die.

·
Administrator
40,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
rwcreigh said:
just completed my class and mailed it out 4 days ago.so i will post up mine in about 2 months
They've been doin' better lately. Maybe not 2 months. :thumb:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here is a pic of mine in El Paso county in Colorado. All the different counties look different. Also, here I didn't have to do any training because I am military and they except that as training. Are other states like that too?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
afrats said:
Here is a pic of mine in El Paso county in Colorado. All the different counties look different. Also, here I didn't have to do any training because I am military and they except that as training. Are other states like that too?
In Kentucky:

Active Duty Military
Shall be issued a license if the applicant is a member of the Armed
Forces of the United States who is on active duty at the time of application
and assigned to a military posting in Kentucky and who has been
assigned to a posting in the Commonwealth for six (6) months or longer
immediately preceding the filing of the application.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well class taken, 3/4/08, paper work to state I hope mailed 3/5/08 by instructor. Expect package from State in 2 weeks, Then to sheriffs office for photo, and submission back to the state, then they have I believe 60 days to check me out and send back to sheriffs office my CCW, and a mail to me to go pick it up from the sheriff.

Does anyone see a lot of running all over to the sheriffs office to get this done.

·
Administrator
40,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Range instruction is not required in Texas. Still gotta' do the penal code and dispute resolution stuff in class.

§ 411.1881. EXEMPTION FROM INSTRUCTION FOR CERTAIN
PERSONS. (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this
subchapter, a person may not be required to complete the range
instruction portion of a handgun proficiency course to obtain or
renew a concealed handgun license issued under this subchapter if
the person:
(1) is currently serving in or is honorably discharged
(A) the army, navy, air force, coast guard, or
marine corps of the United States or an auxiliary service or reserve
unit of one of those branches of the armed forces; or
(B) the state military forces, as defined by
Section 431.001; and
(2) has, within the five years preceding the date of
the person's application for an original or renewed license, as
applicable, completed a course of training in handgun proficiency
or familiarization as part of the person's service with the armed
forces or state military forces.
(b) The director by rule shall adopt a procedure by which a
license holder who is exempt under Subsection (a) from the range
instruction portion of the handgun proficiency requirement may
submit a form demonstrating the license holder's qualification for
an exemption under that subsection. The form must provide
sufficient information to allow the department to verify whether
the license holder qualifies for the exemption.

Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., ch. 132, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2005.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Robby said:
Well class taken, 3/4/08, paper work to state I hope mailed 3/5/08 by instructor. Expect package from State in 2 weeks, Then to sheriffs office for photo, and submission back to the state, then they have I believe 60 days to check me out and send back to sheriffs office my CCW, and a mail to me to go pick it up from the sheriff.

Does anyone see a lot of running all over to the sheriffs office to get this done.
When I got mine last summer, it was clerically fairly quick.

It took a couple of weeks for me to get my certificate. I went to the Sheriff's office the next day they were open and filed the paperwork, photo & fees. I got my notification about a month later. But they didn't have it at the Sheriff's office. Waited a couple of days, checked again. No permit. Waited a couple of more days, checked again. No permit. I asked the S.O. to call Frankfort to see what happened to my permit. Turns out, Frankfort made a typo on my original permit and pulled it to make the correction but did not pull my notice before it went out. I got a new notice a few days later, called to see if it was there. It was and I picked it up that day. All in all, it still took way less than the "up to 90 days" that they told me when I applied.

Just guessing, but I'd say that you will have it by the mid to late April. Unless they still can't type. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
Just guessing, but I'd say that you will have it by the mid to late April. Unless they still can't type. ;)
Yeah, I can hardly wait to not have to put my guns in the glovebox, when I drive. But I can reach my glove box with a seat belt on, so I do not worry much!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts