Taurus Firearm Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

Registered

Administrator
Even .22 is affected by the ammo shortage. But if I had to go with a .22, and had the ammo, I would chose a .22mag. revolver. The only one I currently own is a Ruger Single Six with two cylinders.

Registered
If faced with this dilemma we would choose either the Ruger Mk I (it is dependable, accurate and can take a can).

Ruger Mark I Suppressed.jpg

Other choice would be the Beretta 70s (it is dependable, accurate, can take a can and if it was good enough for the Mosad it should be good enough for us).

Let either one of these girls whisper in the ears of the intruders and see, but not hear, what happens. :D

Attachments

Registered
.22 ?

What would it be?

Parameters for the question; ammo shortage is driving you to .22. Yes, I hear all you guys who wake up at 2AM and punch out another 1000 .4ACP by 4AM because reloading is in your blood. You've run out of components, because rats peed in your powder and made off with your primers. You've fired or sold your entire stash of factory or reloaded centerfire handgun ammo.

You're able bodied - no problem racking slides or pulling DA triggers. You just have to use a .22 for defense. No rifles; you need to be able to put it in a holster on your hip.

Let's get speculating. What's important? Capacity? Tolerance for different .22 loads, from standard speed to hypervelocity? Accuracy? What's it gonna be?
S&W M617 10 round .22... or KEL-TEC PMR -30...;)

Registered
Im gonna have to cheat on this one and say my .22tcm 2011. pops a watermelon like a balloon and defeats soft armor all without recoil. I don't have a rimfire but I'd grab a 942 if taurus would ever start pumping them out. I ain't paying $450 for one of the 3 on GunBroker.

Super Moderator
Im gonna have to cheat on this one and say my .22tcm 2011. pops a watermelon like a balloon and defeats soft armor all without recoil. I don't have a rimfire but I'd grab a 942 if taurus would ever start pumping them out. I ain't paying $450 for one of the 3 on GunBroker.
If they put them out at 289.00 they would sell them like popcorn at the movies.

Registered
Well, I do have a 3.5" Heritage with a bird's head grip with dual cylinders. I'd still prefer a bigger hole in the muzzle, though.
That is my farm carry when doing chores.
It fits neatly in the back pocket of my jeans, no holster required.
I keep the magnum cylinder installed, carrying Winchester Super X 40 grain JSP.
And, being an old single action guy, I load it so there's an empty chamber under the hammer. That way I can keep that stupid "safety" off and not forget to manipulate it when under stress.

Registered
This might be a popular choice

or this

Registered
I'm not a fan of small .22's. I have a Ruger Single Six and a pre 999 H&R Sportsman but if I just had to rely on a .22 I would grab my Wife's Ruger MKIII target. I was at the LGS yesterday and They had some Browning 1911 .22's I really liked but I passed because of the diminutive size and bought a Taurus PT92 instead. I don't like little center fires either.;D

Super Moderator
If I had to go with .22LR I would want the highest capacity I could get as long as it was proven reliable. Maybe the Kel-tec CP33

Registered
For a pistol i have my TX22 with extended magplates, red dot and a cheap suppressor. I call it my ultimate mall-ninja 22

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Registered
NAA mini 22WMR

Just sayin'

It's my deep cover in a necklace holster. Bet I could even get through airport security with it.
My snake gun for fishing off the bank.

One to the head and two to the chest.

Registered
Mine is usually an NAA (North American Arms) 5-shot single action revolver loaded with 22 caliber hollow point Yellow Jackets Up close and personal, I think it would be as effective as I need it to be. Hopefully..
Yep......THIS:

100_1218.JPG

61 - 76 of 76 Posts