Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the new upper made it to the house the Monday before Christmas. Spent a little time at the range with a bit of factory ammo. Now I am starting the experimentation to figure out what the Beast likes to eat!!!!

Radical Firearms 458 SOCOM upper, on my Windham lower. Went with a Redfield 3-9x42 Battlezone scope and DNZ Beast rings. If you have a high recoil application take a look at the Beast Rings. There are 12 screws at the rings and where the rings attach to the rail you have 6 points of contact. 4 cross bolts then there are a set of vertical pins in the middle between the cross bolts.

IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1597.JPG

There are a mess of powders that work for this platform and I happen to have a bunch of them already. Started working with H4198, Lil Gun, IMR4227, H110, Accurate 5744, and I think I did some with W296 too.
Using 300gr Lead gas checked ( got a killer deal on em $0.16 a pop). Got some 405 and 300 grain jacketed too.

Now all I need is a couple of days when the temps aren't so bad that I can't keep from shaking so much.

IMG_1598.JPG

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
That's a good looker!! Grats.

Reactions: edster

·
Registered
24,537 Posts
Nice build. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
WOW! Nice build. Not being much of an AR guy I had never heard of 458 SOCOM. I looked the round on Wikipedia and it is a heck of a cool round. I just got my first AR lower the other day so I will be building my first sometime soon.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
That's impressive but I want to see what that Energizer Battery projectile looks like after being shot out of it!------------:D

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
That's a big bullet !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts