Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,937 Posts
Yes I was in Walmart. I thought they had decided to get out of the gun business.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Yup.
I saw those in my WalMart yesterday. Kind of surprised me.
Brought back memories of my BB gun when I was a kid.
I was wearing my baby blue speedo if you are interested.

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Somebody's going to shoot their eye out then the protesters will burn the place down!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
Wait...:blink:...aren't BB gins .50 caliber?

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Wait...:blink:...aren't BB gins .50 caliber?
.50!? Not sure. Somebody better mic it or get a caliper on that. Anyone got one that's accurate?

(see how I did that?)

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Yup.
upon reading your post, I grabbed this as quick as I could, glad I didn't SEE what you describe, nearly out of eye bleach

brain bleach.jpg

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Yup.
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I've been in walmart several times over the last couple weeks......saw plenty of bb/pellet guns and lots of rifles on the shelf behind a lock. Lots of rifle ammo- no pistol ammo at all.

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Today's Red Ryder BB gun is not the same Red Ryder of 60 or so years ago. They don't have the power or the furniture they once had. Curious if the Walmart I used to go to still has any pistol ammo.

Ammo and dog food were the only real reasons I shopped there. I save enough on gas to cover the difference of canned dog food at Market Street. I'm not sorry I have learned not to shop there any more.

·
Super Moderator
17,695 Posts
My Walmart has plenty of pistol ammo and it doesn't seem to be moving. They have removed all the guns though. Which I find odd.

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
Screw Walmart! I did used to buy some cheap ammo there, mostly 9mm. But, my LGS has 9mm ammo cheap and I still have my 9mm dies if needed. Of course, you want bargains, order from online sources.

·
Premium Member
13,035 Posts
Screw Walmart! I did used to buy some cheap ammo there, mostly 9mm. But, my LGS has 9mm ammo cheap and I still have my 9mm dies if needed. Of course, you want bargains, order from online sources.
Agreed! Both Walmart and Dick's can take a flying leap.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My Walmart has the shelves stocked with guns and ammo. Pistol, Rifle and shotgun.
They have a Hatfield 12 ga in the rack for $206. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm thinking real hard about it.
I'm forced to go to Walmart as they are the only affordable source of groceries in this town that's not in the ghetto.
We have publix, but then they're not all that affordable.

·
Super Moderator
17,695 Posts
My Walmart has plenty of pistol ammo and it doesn't seem to be moving. They have removed all the guns though. Which I find odd.
Went back by today and the pistol/5.56 ammo is all on "clearance" sale but what I saw were just 10-15% off. Not like the deal of the century. There was a sign up that said "FIREARMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE! PLEASE ASK!"...what is up with that?

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I go in there to save a few bucks on motor oil, filters etc. My wife, very occasionally, wants to see if she can find something or other in housewares.

It's sort of like "well we're not doing anything else ... let's drop by Wally World! Maybe we'll see Rickenbacker staggering around in the sporting goods!"

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
ATTENTION . .. . . .ATTENTION . . . ..

WalMart is NOT out of the guns and ammo business. In fact, they are very much still in the business. Somehow their public virtue signaling went from molehill to mountain.

They are going to get out of the “pistol and AR/AK” ammo business (wink, wink) but this will not occur for another 5 years or so. They have that much in stock/on order/under contract and they will continue until they burn thru these supplies. But they never announced that they were getting out of the hunting and shotgun business. It seems a lot of inaccurate minutiae has filled in around the actual content of their original message. All three Wally Worlds within 10-15 minutes from me are fully stocked with all ammo types, full rifle and shotgun racks; ditto for BB/pellet air gun business.

So, calm down, I suspect the antigun crowd overhyped the virtue signaling but there is no evidence of any of our area WalMarts leaving the gun/ammo business . . . .yet. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
Speedos irritate my crotch to the point I'd never wear a pair to a Walmart. :D

See, I was a competitive swimmer 50 years ago. Don't go thinkin' I'm as weird as Ricky. :D

·
32,527 Posts
https://www.wikiarms.com/walmart-search Wiki still has this up and running.
Walmarts are out of stock — please try searching for a different caliber or ZIP code. This is the message I got.

This was for all of their calibers. Might or might not be true for you folks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts