Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Southpaw's Search Is Over...After being told by a fellow from Fobus that they don't make a left hand kydex paddle holster for my 24/7 .45, AND being told the same thing by a guy from Optics Planet (he included Uncle Mike's, too), I took a chance with a Gander Mtn. gift card and ordered an SP11 for a Springfield XD/HK 2000. Although not a perfect fit (trigger guard extends a bit far), after loosening the tension screw a bit the gun clicked into place when inserted. I thought I'd ordered the one for the XD compact; my holster is about 1/2" too long, but no biggy. If I was the brave sort, I might try heating the holster to semi-squishy state (my high school chemistry teacher would be aghast if he were still alive) and shoving yon gun into said squishy holster and letting it set up. Not the brave sort...will see if useage conforms the fit a bit more. Any other leftys out there? I've searched for months for a cheap "stick the paddle in your pants and go" holster for the 24/7 for when I'm around home (I live in the country, rural gun-friendly Indiana) or the odd Steel Challenge...this is about all I found. Not sure if it will conceal too well except under a coat (heck, I don't conceal too well...I'm pear-shaped which causes the gun to stick out like fins on a '64 Cadillac or Alfred E. Neuman's ears, choose your analogy...). I bought a "2-for-$20” special from Ace Case, getting 2 IWB holsters that DO conceal well, both this gun and my KelTec PF9. Those were a good deal...one is even tuck-able. Might want to check those out, too...they DO make lefthanded holsters! Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've heard the 24/7 series is similar to the PT845 I have...I recently purchased a DeSantis holstser for the S&W M&P 40/45 and the 845 fits just right. I believe they are made for left handed shooters as well.

·
Registered
15,212 Posts
I have been looking for a left handed retention holster for my PT145 that I can use to Open Carry. Have not had much luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been looking all over for a left hand holster for my 809. I came close to buying one that fit the 24/7 , but I'm not sure if its the 24/7 g2 that fits or the 24/7 OSS. I saw the IMI holster for the 8 series but all were for right handers. Not to be deterred I emailed IMI and they emailed me back saying that they do have the 809 left handed retention roto , it just wasn't on their www.site. I'm going to order one and ll let you all know how it is.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I have been looking all over for a left hand holster for my 809. I came close to buying one that fit the 24/7 , but I'm not sure if its the 24/7 g2 that fits or the 24/7 OSS. I saw the IMI holster for the 8 series but all were for right handers. Not to be deterred I emailed IMI and they emailed me back saying that they do have the 809 left handed retention roto , it just wasn't on their www.site. I'm going to order one and ll let you all know how it is.

Hi there.

I thought I'd let you know the link is dead.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also "suffer" from being a lefty and I have the pt845 and 24/7 pro C (gen 1) so far for my pt845 I bought the fobus tactical holster made for the Springfield XD if I remember correctly. fits well but its for 9mm/.40 so its a bit snug, cost aprox $40. for my 24/7C i have a tagua I got at my LGS. fits both the guns as its an open bottom and fits very well for both. cost $20.
Been looking for cc and found this site http://www.crossbreedholsters.com cost $70 and options for both hands with personal fit for most all taurus models

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.