Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all..im a lefty shooter...am looking for a semi auto thats lefty friendly , left handed mag release,left handed safety,,,any ideas ?thanks ,,vic

·
Registered
33 Posts
Vic2367
I would take a look at a Taurus PT92, PT99, (9mm) PT100, PT101 (40 cal.) The safety is ambi. and the mag release can be changed over by you.
I am not sure about the PT911,940,945,938 line of pistols but I think they are also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the 945 works for me and I'm a lefty....although I didn't switch the nag release,I just use my weak hand(reach around)or my trigger finger.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Those that are lefty, should have a nice option in polymer frames when the 24/7 OSS and PT809 come out. Both are Ambi :)

Until there is a large selection of Taurus pistols that are not polymer frames, to choose from. I really nice CC pistol is the PT908 or PT909. The PT908 is a single stack magazine chambered in 9mm and the PT909 is a double stack 9MM that as far as I know accepts all standard PT92 series magazines. Then of course you can go either way in caliber with a 38super, 357sig, 40cal and 45 cal in these models too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am right-handed, but I practice with either hand as well as with both. You never know what need may arise.
24/7 .40
PT140 .40

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a lefty and I own a Ruger KP95 9mm and an XD45 compact.

Both are very lefty friendly. The Ruger has the safety and mag release on both sides and the slide lock is a big long bar that is very easy to use with your left index finger.

The Springfield XD45 has a grip safety that is released just by gripping the gun. It has a mag release on both side. The slide lock isn't as easy to do with your index finger as the Ruger but with a little practice it can be done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have carried either my 101 or my 1911 for 13 years. One of the reasons for getting the 101 was the ambi safety, but the mag release is of no issue to me. I just practice releasing with the trigger finger (I like the idea since by using the trigger finger to release the mag, it ensures that your finger isn't on the trigger or in the trigger guard during a mag change).

I added the ambi to my 1911 so that I could carry it, but have done nothing to the mag release on it either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just about any semi autos work for me except glock or sig. If you really want a pain in the ass, try to do a one handed reload with a revolver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts