Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Left a magazine at the range...I feel stupid.

2K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  kinggabby 
#1 ·
Okay, went to the range on saturday, brought out the shotguns and the pistols mostly...had some fun despite the wind, at least my rounds hit paper.

I had everything loaded up in this big Minigun ammo can I got, with a separate case for the pistols...well, at the end of the day, Pistols went back in the case, trays of ammo and magazines went into the ammo can, and we went home. After lugging everything in and doing some cleaning, I went through the ammo can to load up magazines, and my Walther P38 magazine isn't there. Not on the floor, not in the trunk of the car.

My only guess is I left it at the range.

It was the only magazine I had for the P38, but it was just a NATO-stamped mismatch that was thrown in with the gun when I bought it. It'd cost more in fuel to drive out there if someone did turn it into the RO, than it would cost to order a replacement online

That being said, if anybody on here was at the American Shooting Centers in Houston, Texas on Saturday as well, and if you happened to come across a stray magazine, please let me know.

#6 ·
Thanks glenwolde. It wouldn't be so much of a problem, but driving from Wharton to Houston isn't no quick jaunt, especially with the way gas prices are.

#8 ·
Maybe give them a phone call and see if they have it, then they can put your name on it.

#9 ·
Luckly I've never left anything at the range.

#12 ·
I always worry I will leave something at the range. I have to do a double and triple take just to make sure all is there.
Then, I have to ask who ever is with me at the time to look it over once more in case I forgot something or might have missed something.

Hope you find your magazine!

#13 ·
Well, you can always look at it from the bright side...at least you didn't leave one of your firearms. ;)

I hope your magazine turns up for you.

#14 ·
I found an M9 in a portapotty during a drill weekend in the field. None of us lowly enlisted we issued M9's in the field so I knew it had to be an officer's weapon. I decided to be nice and not squeal on the guy as he was pretty decent for an O and was just having a rotten day. It did worry me though that someone would leave behind something so important, but he turned beat red when I asked him where his sidearm was.

#15 ·
Our range is private, members and guests only. We stack our rifles bagged ready to leave after we clear up the range.

The bags are very similar and I've got to the car park before I realized I had someone elses rifle....

My bags now have a red metal tag on the hanging ring.

#16 ·
I left a pair of Wilson Combat SS Tactical mags for my 1911 at the range once. It was an indoor range and the table had a ledge on one side that things like mags and bullets can slide under and end up out of sight. I had a lot of stuff on the table and purposely slid both mags under the overhanging ledge to keep them separate from the rest of the stuff. When it came time to go I packed up everything and forgot the two mag were under the ledge. I didn't realize they were missing until I got home and started reloading my 1911 mags. I only had 22 instead of 24. Then I realized what I did, and called the range. Too, late, someone else now has two more mags for their 1911.

#19 ·
When I was able to go to the range all I left was a bunch of brass, that's pretty good working with half a brain cell

#20 ·
I am always afraid I will leave something behind. I always take several guns and usually several people. When it is time to go I am the only one that packs up the gun cases. This way I know everything is in the cases. Sometimes my son insists on helping, I always check the cases he loaded to visually inspect everything in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.